Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Do you miss Gizmos?

DaveT7

I came to the Tenere from an R1200gsa and a tracer9gt. The latter was bursting with tech, riding modes, emu options etc you name it. The only thing i missed was the proper cruise control - however, having tried the Kaoko on a recent long trip, i dont miss a thing! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ninot7 said:

I came to the Tenere from an R1200gsa and a tracer9gt. The latter was bursting with tech, riding modes, emu options etc you name it. The only thing i missed was the proper cruise control - however, having tried the Kaoko on a recent long trip, i dont miss a thing! 

Emu options?

6 minutes ago, Dougie said:

Emu options?

Ecu options sorry. As in rain, mode a mode b and all that malarky woth power outputs.  

Just now, ninot7 said:

Ecu options sorry. As in rain, mode a mode b and all that malarky woth power outputs.  

Ah!😁 thought I was being dull or missing out. 👍🍺

• Haha 1

Exactly the reason I bought mine was no gizmos.  Although, I'm coming from 80's and 90's Honda's with drum brakes so even working brakes are gizmos for me haha😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I added heated grips, GPS and a throttle lock. That's all the gizmos I need.

• Like 2

Honestly, the only 2 things that I wish I could bring to my T7 from the other bikes are the extra 30-40hp and the ability to switch off only the rear ABS. I guess the lower center of gravity of the 890, could be cool too.

• Like 1

"What the hell's a 'farkle'? Oh... I... have all the farkles." 😑🤦🏻‍♂️

On 4/7/2023 at 1:09 PM, Spelldrummer said:

Nope, not at all, I love the T7’s simplicity, however I have added a kaoko ( spelling ? ) friction cruise control for motorway use, perfect !!

Does it fit with the stock / aftermarket handguards, did you have to rearrange some things or is it a simple bolt on part?

Much interested in some pics if possible..

6 hours ago, deanso said:

Does it fit with the stock / aftermarket handguards, did you have to rearrange some things or is it a simple bolt on part?

Much interested in some pics if possible..

Well, I also have Yamaha Heated Grips, so I had to cut down the Heated Grip spacer by a few mm, however, without Heated Grips it would have been a super easy bolt on fit. I don’t have any fitting pics. It really does transform long motorway riding.

Oh, and yes stock handguards fit back as standard, perfect fit.

Edited by Spelldrummer
  • Like 1

One feature I would like is phone connection to ECO without adding the OBD11 module. that's it other that that I bough this for simplicity and also only gizmo I like is ABS. Fuel Injection is nice

• Like 1