Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Last word on Dunlop Trailmax Mission

thepointchris

I replaced my 7000mile Missions today: F = Shinko 804 /  R = Conti TKC70 Rock

The main reason for the Shinko up front is a trip I have planned, with a day of off-road training, and I have a Tractionator GPS in store for when my "dirt season" is done.

I was perfectly happy with the riding performance of the Missions, especially the front, but the struggle again today to dismount the Rear makes it a no-go in the future. 

I fully understand trade-offs: grip for mileage,  feel for puncture resistance, wet performance for longevity - I deal with those trade-offs every day in a bicycle shop. But man, there's a point where I feel it just is not worth the fight!

Add, to that,  the dissapointingvway that the centre strip is grooved, and I'd rather change tires more often!

I have heard the stories of guys riding out on Dunlops with no air, but I think they over-did it.

20230411_191308.jpg

20230412_181555.jpg

20230401_075221.jpg

Edited by thepointchris
  • Like 2