Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Best swingarm clearance? HPcorse vs Mivv Dakar

Oxxa

I see reports on another post of problems with Mivv Dakar and that the new pipe version fixed the issue.

Perhaps someone else can post HP Corsa clearances, but clearance for the MIVV with the swingarm, while on the center stand & over the full 200 mm of travel (swingarm brake hose/cable guide contacts pipe @ 165 mm) + oem exhaust hanger can be viewed on my blog here on my 20221 T7 : 

20230125_213118.jpg

Yamaha Tenere 700, Yamaha Super Tenere 1200 ES, Ride Reviews

1 minute ago, prowlnS10 said:

Perhaps someone else can post HP Corsa clearances, but clearance for the MIVV with the swingarm, while on the center stand & over the full 200 mm of travel (swingarm brake hose/cable guide contacts pipe @ 165 mm) + oem exhaust hanger can be viewed on my blog here on my 20221 T7 : 

20230125_213118.jpg

Yamaha Tenere 700, Yamaha Super Tenere 1200 ES, Ride Reviews

Already read your blog. Thank you for it, helped a lot.

is there a hazard for the hoses? Or its just when bike is on center stand?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oxxa said:

Already read your blog. Thank you for it, helped a lot.

is there a hazard for the hoses? Or its just when bike is on center stand?

The only hazard I see is potential damage to the MIVV mid-pipe from contact with the hose/cable guide &/or swingarm if the guide were to be removed.  I flattened the forward part of the guide to be more parallel to the swingarm & then raised the muffler 10 mm on the mount which netted 205 mm swingarm clearance...so it should be ok now for the oem full 200 mm of travel...but disappointing the MIVV did not sort this out prior to release of the system.  The revised pipe that a few have posted pics of seems an odd fix as the bend of the mid-pipe that makes contact with the swingarm has not changed much, but then goes in different directions where it connect to the muffler requiring a different mounting plate & the middle portion seems to be a smaller diameter (perhaps to create more clearance with the oem exhaust hanger)...so am not convinced it is actually the correct pipe & if it is it changes the aesthetics negatively imho.

20230416_180127.jpg

20230416_181628 copy.jpg

Edited by prowlnS10

6 hours ago, prowlnS10 said:

The only hazard I see is potential damage to the MIVV mid-pipe from contact with the hose/cable guide &/or swingarm if the guide were to be removed.  I flattened the forward part of the guide to be more parallel to the swingarm & then raised the muffler 10 mm on the mount which netted 205 mm swingarm clearance...so it should be ok now for the oem full 200 mm of travel...but disappointing the MIVV did not sort this out prior to release of the system.  The revised pipe that a few have posted pics of seems an odd fix as the bend of the mid-pipe that makes contact with the swingarm has not changed much, but then goes in different directions where it connect to the muffler requiring a different mounting plate & the middle portion seems to be a smaller diameter (perhaps to create more clearance with the oem exhaust hanger)...so am not convinced it is actually the correct pipe & if it is it changes the aesthetics negatively imho.

20230416_180127.jpg

20230416_181628 copy.jpg

It sucks that you have to do these mods considering that exhaust is specially built for t7.

If i go with Hp corse do you think i will have these problems? Can’t find much info on forums

Just got a HP Corse a few weeks back, and plenty of clearance near the swingarm. The fit and finish is very good, at first I was skeptical of the price, took me almost a year to finally cave in. I'll post pics alter when I get home. 

If you have ADVSpec luggage racks it requires a new bracket. Like most of these high pipes, also a compatible tail tidy/signal setup 

Just now, ScorpionT16 said:

Just got a HP Corse a few weeks back, and plenty of clearance near the swingarm. The fit and finish is very good, at first I was skeptical of the price, took me almost a year to finally cave in. I'll post pics alter when I get home. 

If you have ADVSpec luggage racks it requires a new bracket. Like most of these high pipes, also a compatible tail tidy/signal setup 

Thank you!!! Please do send me pics of the details and clearances. 

i dont have any luggage racks.