Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Solution to Huzar Exhaust melting turn signal…

Zebco Kid

Hello,

I posted this elsewhere, but I didn’t want the solution to get lost in a more general thread.

So we all know the issue of how the OEM exhaust is positioned in a way that dropping the bike can cause some serious if not irreparable damage.

To address this, I purchased a Huzar exhaust from Poland. I don’t know much about the performance of mufflers, but I can confirm that it is tucked out of the way, and when the bike is dropped (just back from Baja)…which happened plenty, it doesn’t come into play. 

This is great, but the domino effect of the Huzar exhaust is that if you use a Tail Tidy, the signal is in the path of the hot exhaust. In fact, it’s so close that the signals melt.

This weekend I fabricated a bracket out of 1 inch wide aluminum. I sanded it and painted it black. Drilled a couple holes for mounting signals, and a couple for mounting to the Tail Tidy.

The signals don’t melt. Looks clean enough. And I can rest assured that the people behind me can see my intention (I still look!).

Cheers.

ZK

94A9F5B8-0412-43AF-95D5-834DDCAD835B.jpeg.e8aba3d2c97b6b58bc8486ca56b8d033.jpeg

AC386279-3297-44FA-A786-3A58E6DCD498.jpeg.49d79eee68cb79b1c7f3e885aa602f5f.jpeg

• Like 1