Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Where can I buy this tiny axle wrench?

Oxxa

Im looking to downsize my tool roll and am in search of the smallest axle wrenches, something similar to this picture.

I keep searching but and all results are 10 inch+ long wrenches. Im not sure how to seach for it or where to find these small ones.

IMG_2946.png

IMG_2945.png

Lyndon probably had them custom laser cut.

You could buy slogging spanners but they might be a bit weighty

8 minutes ago, Alan M said:

Lyndon probably had them custom laser cut.

You could buy slogging spanners but they might be a bit weighty

Found it, about. 5-6 inches

Product code: 9900627000

wrencheye27mm_medium9900627000-01_116e.j

✓Good to order: WRENCH,EYE,27MM ✓Manufacturercode: 99006-27000 ✓Quality part

• Like 1

You could probably do your own easy enough if you can’t find them. Start with good tools though, and cut them down, for use with a good fitting extension that works on them all /or most. Or there’s a good combination tool for wheels on here. Sorry can’t remember which shop built them. 

3 minutes ago, Oxxa said:

Found it, about. 5-6 inches

Product code: 9900627000

wrencheye27mm_medium9900627000-01_116e.j

✓Good to order: WRENCH,EYE,27MM ✓Manufacturercode: 99006-27000 ✓Quality part

See if they have an extension. The Honda toolkits come this way. Or build your grip like a tyre fitter. 😁🍺

Just now, Dougie said:

See if they have an extension. The Honda toolkits come this way. Or build your grip like a tyre fitter. 😁🍺

I think 6 inches is enough because I have the rally raid spanner and its not much longer and it works fine. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Oxxa said:

I think 6 inches is enough because I have the rally raid spanner and its not much longer and it works fine. 

Is this the tiniest I can make it?

- 27mm wrench 5.5 inch long

- 22mm wrench 5.5 inch long

- motion pro hex adaptor 22mm wrench to 19mm hex

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Honda-22mm-Wrench-99006-22000/dp/B078F1N8GD

Motion Pro - High quality cables, tools and controls for motorcycles, ATVs, snowmobiles and personal watercraft.

IMG_2948.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Oxxa said:

Is this the tiniest I can make it?

- 27mm wrench 5.5 inch long

- 22mm wrench 5.5 inch long

- motion pro hex adaptor 22mm wrench to 19mm hex

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Honda-22mm-Wrench-99006-22000/dp/B078F1N8GD

Motion Pro - High quality cables, tools and controls for motorcycles, ATVs, snowmobiles and personal watercraft.

IMG_2948.jpeg

I think 6 inches is enough. But I’ll ask the wife. She may disagree. 😂

• Haha 3

@Oxxa that wrench is about 4" from the center of the bolt to the end of the wrench.  The torque spec on the axle bolt is 77 lb-ft, so it would take about 230 lbs of pressure on the wrench to tighten to spec and more to break loose the bolt after it has been torqued.  How do you plan on doing that?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Hollybrook said:

@Oxxa that wrench is about 4" from the center of the bolt to the end of the wrench.  The torque spec on the axle bolt is 77 lb-ft, so it would take about 230 lbs of pressure on the wrench to tighten to spec and more to break loose the bolt after it has been torqued.  How do you plan on doing that?

I dont torque spec it. I hand tighten as much as i can it so i am able to do it on trail

Edited by Oxxa

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, Dougie said:

You could probably do your own easy enough if you can’t find them. Start with good tools though, and cut them down, for use with a good fitting extension that works on them all /or most. Or there’s a good combination tool for wheels on here. Sorry can’t remember which shop built them. 

This one?

Our own design of heavy-duty axle spanner allows you to remove both front & rear wheels from Yamaha T7 Tenere, as there are no suitable tools supplied with the OEM toolkit. Featuring a special 27mm socket on one end...

• Like 2

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

3 minutes ago, AZJW said:

This one?

Our own design of heavy-duty axle spanner allows you to remove both front & rear wheels from Yamaha T7 Tenere, as there are no suitable tools supplied with the OEM toolkit. Featuring a special 27mm socket on one end...

I have it, takes way too much space in my tool roll because of is shape and thickness

9 minutes ago, Oxxa said:

I have it, takes way too much space in my tool roll because of is shape and thickness

Yes but at that point its taking more space than what i have now

Edited by Oxxa

18 minutes ago, Dougie said:

I was thinking along these lines @Oxxa   Like in the fireblade tool wallet. 

These work well enough and are supplied in a TON of OEM kits.  The photos the op had at the beginning of this thread are clearly designed to be used with an extension like the one you linked to as well. 

Edit:  I usually break loose rear axle nuts with one of the stubby tools shown+Extension+Foot pressure.  No way you'd get an axle tight enough to be safe or loosened using a stubby alone with no extension.   For the front axle I use my KTM spark plug wrench (very compact) as the toruq on it is not nearly as critical since pinch bolts are there to seep it from spinning out. 

Edited by Windblown
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Windblown said:

These work well enough and are supplied in a TON of OEM kits.  The photos the op had at the beginning of this thread are clearly designed to be used with an extension like the one you linked to as well.  

since T7 axle nut is deeper in the swingarm. Do you think those 5.5 inch OEM ones can grab it? or it needs to be like this like the RR spanner 

IMG_2950.png

Edited by Oxxa

It looks like there’s enough meat on the nut sticking out to get it on there. Only checked an old photo though. Not been out to measure her. 

2 minutes ago, Oxxa said:

since T7 axle nut is deeper in the swingarm. Do you think those 5.5 inch OEM ones can grab it? or it needs to be like this like the RR spanner 

Here is a photo of what I use for the front & rear. As long as the outside diameter is small enough to let it get on the rear axle nut it's workable. I've pulled and installed the wheels with these a few times.

20230509_171230.jpg.524d760ca0e8133a0becbb56ca057dd9.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Windblown said:

Here is a photo of what I use for the front & rear. As long as the outside diameter is small enough to let it get on the rear axle nut it's workable. I've pulled and installed the wheels with these a few times.

20230509_171230.jpg.524d760ca0e8133a0becbb56ca057dd9.jpg

How can i search for that small front wheel tool?

26 minutes ago, Oxxa said:

How can i search for that small front wheel tool?

Search for KTM spark plug wrench (And it will work on the T700 sparkplugs as well).

KTM #77229072000

Edited by Windblown

11 minutes ago, Windblown said:

Search for KTM spark plug wrench (And it will work on the T700 sparkplugs as well).

KTM #77229072000

But you use that as a 19mm hex for front wheel yes?

thanks

1 hour ago, Oxxa said:

But you use that as a 19mm hex for front wheel yes?

thanks

Yes.

5 hours ago, Oxxa said:

That is larger

I guarantee you that you will not find a lighter kit of this caliber anywhere in the world.  The only drawback is the price. 

Yamaha Tenere 700 tool kit (2)

I would also suggest you level up to the tire repair extension kit. 

Tyre repair tool kit

• Like 1