Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Engine bars

HJP1

Looking to purchase, and wanted to know if anyone has fitted MOTEA bars, and if do, any good. Or buy Yamaha?

Can't speak for motea. I wouldn't buy the OEM bars.  Well, I did buy the OEM bars, but would have preferred others.  The OEM bars bolt on low but extend high, and tend to bend inwards towards the plastics in case of a crash.  Mine have survived about 5 drops per side, and they're not touching the plastics but they're *very* close now.

They're not *bad* but there's lots of better options.

You want to look for a set that mounts to the frame, not to the engine.  Last think you want is a hard hit to the crash bars breaking the engine casing.

• Like 2

Heavy Duties seem to be a cheap but strong and - especially their Enduro bars - good-looking solution (made in Romania). I'd definitely go for them rather than for Motea.

I have Hepco&Becker Rally bars on mine. They do a very good job in protecting the radiator, upper plastics (at least from cracking), they don't bend easily and keep the engine itself a good bit off the ground. But they don't really protect the engine itself.

Hepco and Becker engine bars are good at protecting the engine but are lower bars only.

2 hours ago, Tenerider said:

Heavy Duties seem to be a cheap but strong and - especially their Enduro bars - good-looking solution (made in Romania). I'd definitely go for them rather than for Motea.

I have Hepco&Becker Rally bars on mine. They do a very good job in protecting the radiator, upper plastics (at least from cracking), they don't bend easily and keep the engine itself a good bit off the ground. But they don't really protect the engine itself.

They don’t ship to the UK (heavy duties)

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Tenerider said:

They don’t ship to the UK (heavy duties)

if your thinking Yamaha ones there is a cheap set in ebay