Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

TPMS and Bar Mount

T7ADV

I bought a cheap TPMS from Amazon.  There are a bunch like it listed.  I purchased this particular one because a friend put one on his T7 and has had good luck with it.  $42 plus tax.  It has pressure monitor valve stem caps and a rechargeable display unit.  The main thing I want it for is just tire pressure, but it has temp and other readouts as well.

It comes with a handlebar mount that does work, but I wanted to get it up onto the windshield bar mount so it would be more visible.  I matched up the threads on the mount to 1/4-20, which surprised me as I'd expect they be metric.  I then went looking for a mount.  I had already purchased the Perun mount, but I wanted to keep the TPMS all the way right on the bar so I could put a GPS or other stuff to the left.  I found the little "BRCOVAN Mini Clamp Mount Base" RAM mount on Amazon for $14 plus tax.  While it's the right size, my plan was to trim the ball off and add a threaded rod to the mount .  I trimmed the ball off with a Dremel, then drilled and tapped the metal portion for 1/4-20.  I inserted a bolt, then trimmed it to length with the Dremel, cleaned up the threads, added some permanent Loctite and mounted it.  I like the results.  I'll touch up the paint later, but for now, it does everything I wanted.

IMG_3854.jpg

IMG_3856.jpg

IMG_3857.jpg

IMG_3858.jpg

Edited by T7ADV
  • Like 1

I mounted mine in the rubber cover for blank hole on the right side of the dashboard. Small hole punched in the rubber cover and quick easy mounting.  With the XT gps there really isn’t a lot of room on the top bar. 
IMG_5757.jpeg.9f340e8fe784facaa0382778e9ba90d6.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Liquidape said:

I mounted mine in the rubber cover for blank hole on the right side of the dashboard. Small hole punched in the rubber cover and quick easy mounting.  With the XT gps there really isn’t a lot of room on the top bar. 
IMG_5757.jpeg.9f340e8fe784facaa0382778e9ba90d6.jpeg

I thought about that.  My friend did the same.  I mounted a dual USB power point there, so that's not an option for me.  I'm planning to slide my GPS to the side as needed.  

Edited by T7ADV

• Moderators

Moved from General Discussion.

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS