Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

HpCorse leak liquid from exhaust pipe

Oxxa

Hi,

i installed the Hpcorse for T7 and it seems to be dripping something liquid.

this didnt happen with my old one. 

any ideas?

IMG_5474.jpeg

IMG_5468.jpeg

IMG_5476.jpeg

It’s water, the Hpcorse is fitted with a small cat which converts exhaust gas to water.

They sell an optional container if you want to bag it for desert crossings.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

HpCorse can generates water, but if you run Arrow for example it starts dripping orange juice, that-s why there are different aftermarket exhaust available. 

But to be serious, you can use a piece of plumber tape to seal it off so it does not leak. Hp cans are made 100% of steel and titanium  and some part of  water so it must not leak out

Edited by T7EST
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, T7EST said:

HpCorse can generates water, but if you run Arrow for example it starts dripping orange juice, that-s why there are different aftermarket exhaust available. 

But to be serious, you can use a piece of plumber tape to seal it off so it does not leak. Hp cans are made 100% of steel and titanium  and some part of  water so it must not leak out

I think HP corse also does a flavoured version..

Probably best if the OP does a taste test and reports back.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Oxxa said:

This turned into a roast real quick

the Bedouin tribes have been capturing H2O from their Motos for centuries- don't make fun

• Like 1

Somewhere in Bedouin...

283 Car Exhaust System Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty Images

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

On 6/20/2023 at 8:05 AM, Oxxa said:

This turned into a roast real quick

All internal combustion engines create water, all.  Part of the process.  When the engine/exhaust gets hot enough it is turned to steam before it exists the exhaust pipe, so you only can see water coming out of a cold system.  Like a sunrise, you can only see it at certain times. 

Fire up an older vehicle without a cat or multiple mufflers and you will see water.  New emission controls just happen to stop the water from exiting so they are not noticed by "newer" people.

This is why exhaust are made of SS or better material, so they last longer before rusting out. 

It turned into a roast quickly because you posted, for all to see, your absence of knowledge.  One does not know what they don't know.  It's all good, and part of the process of living and learning. 

Edited by Toymaster
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

This post was more of a “how do i fix this leak” rather than me not knowing that it obviously is water. Although, i did not know that that is how it is created, thanks!

Have the said Bedouins an adaptor to link their exhaust csans to a camelbag? 🤔

• Haha 1

On 7/6/2023 at 7:07 AM, Oxxa said:

This post was more of a “how do i fix this leak” rather than me not knowing that it obviously is water. Although, i did not know that that is how it is created, thanks!

Why fix it, better out than stuck in there rusting something.  It's probably just condensation, mufflers commonly fill up with water overnight.

• Like 1