Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Yamaha Tenere 700 Tightening Torque Specs

Cruizin

• 1 month later...

Nice.

2 questions.

1. Has anyone an information about general tightening torques? This should be an entry point in service manual. 

2. How can I find tightening torques for subframe mounting points on this picture?

Cheers

Pit

5 hours ago, Leocratus said:

Nice.

2 questions.

1. Has anyone an information about general tightening torques? This should be an entry point in service manual. 

2. How can I find tightening torques for subframe mounting points on this picture?

Cheers

Pit

Have a look at what size the mounting points are and compare to above chart... This chart gives you torque spec in relation to size of bolt/nut used : M4/M8 etc... 

Aleks 

42 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Have a look at what size the mounting points are and compare to above chart... This chart gives you torque spec in relation to size of bolt/nut used : M4/M8 etc... 

Aleks 

I was trying to do so earlier but it's not quite clear since in my case there are M8 sizes and the torque values from 7Nm to 28Nm. My suspicions are leading me to "lower bracket pinch bolt" and "upper bracket pinch bolt" since the number of screws is matching. If anyone can identify this,  it would be really nice.  

Cheers 

Pit

• Like 1

Wow @PJS it is what I was looking for. Do you have maybe rest of the service manual?

Cheers 

Pit 

• Cruizin pinned this topic
  • 1 year later...
On 2/13/2020 at 3:30 PM, Cruizin said:

Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 3.29.22 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 3.31.29 PM.png

Thank you very much for posting this information. I have a Yamaha service manual ordered but it has not come in yet. Being a novice, would you consider the lower and upper bracket pinch bolts the triple clamp pinch bolts for the forks? Thanks you!

• 9 months later...

Holy pregnant cow with twins, Batman! That is so good and convenient. You rock dude!

• 4 weeks later...

The oil drain plug value is incorrect, some have stripped theirs at 32ftlb, 16 ft lb is the new recommended.

• Like 3

• 7 months later...