Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Aftermarket handguards with stock handgrips...

chadio

So,  taking the stock handguards / bar ends off, shows that the handgrips extend beyond the handle bar by roughly 3/8"  .   The aftermarket handguards I bought were Acerbis X-Factor...  appears they want to mount flush with the bar......  how do I trim the excess off of the factory grip without it looking like a yard sale???  Train wreck??  Plane crash??

"ADV  ONE DROP AT A TIME " - Chronicles of Solid

I ran into the same problem. Being your in the PNW I would throw them away and use the oxford heated grips. I absolutely love them and put them on 3 bikes since.

Heated grips one day,  they seem to be a popular accessory.   Might try this for now...  

"ADV  ONE DROP AT A TIME " - Chronicles of Solid

Unless you only go out for a couple of hours when it's nice and sunny then heated grips are awesome. 

Extends the range of your nice touchy feely summer gloves. Not just for winter but Covers you if you if the weather changes, even helps with rain when your gloves soak through