Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

RevIt Mangrove gloves

chadio

Never thought I would own anything by RevIt or Klim,  so spendy...

However....  got the Mangrove gloves, lucked out and they fit perfect.  When I put them on, do the finger crease snug (make sure they are seated):

- if I try to flatten my hand as if to do a 'high five'  they resist and the palm tightens

- if I try to 'make a fist'  they resist and the back side tightens

- when I relax my hand, there is a natural curl of my palm and fingers, as if I were holding onto a handlebar

- when I ride with them, they basically disappear (if that makes sense)  and I like that

Anyway, they may not be for everyone but thought I would share

revit gloves.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

"ADV  ONE DROP AT A TIME " - Chronicles of Solid

I have a pair of the Revit Dune summer gloves that are similar. They are the gloves that I wear the most with reasonable protection and good airflow. They are supposed to be very similar to the no longer available Sand 3's.

My only gripe was that I had to go through multiple pairs to find one with no defects. And, they run small so I had to size up quite a bit for a comfortable fit. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Hollybrook said:

I have a pair of the Revit Dune summer gloves that are similar. They are the gloves that I wear the most with reasonable protection and good airflow. They are supposed to be very similar to the no longer available Sand 3's.

My only gripe was that I had to go through multiple pairs to find one with no defects. And, they run small so I had to size up quite a bit for a comfortable fit. 

After swearing by Revit gloves for a while, I had the same issue with the Sand 3's. Their lineup is really confusing too...so many gloves that seem almost identical to each other.

• Like 1

advgoats.com

• 2 weeks later...

Wait why are these so cheap on ali express? Knock offs?

On 7/11/2023 at 9:17 AM, Lewie said:

Mine arrived today - nice bargain at under £30

IMG_5661.jpeg

On 7/22/2023 at 7:49 AM, Lewie said:

Not sure - could they be?

I don't know, I'm just surprised to see them on Ali? if they are good gloves I wouldn't be bothered to care.

• 1 month later...

Well I ordered the Revit Dirt gloves off Aliexpress. They look quality, though I find the knuckle protection tight. I hope this breaks in. It appears they are not knock offs, but I'm no expert. The bag and all tags look legitimate.

I went one size up from my usual motocross gloves to an XL, they are ok other than the knuckles, but may loosen up.

3 hours ago, RiderEh said:

I went one size up from my usual motocross gloves to an XL, they are ok other than the knuckles, but may loosen up.

I have the Sand 4's. The knuckles on one hand create hotspots and have for the life of the glove. I just put up with it because I'm cheap. People have said there are some QC problems with some of these gloves, like both hands being significantly different sizes.

• Like 1

advgoats.com

Is the consensus these are real or fake as I’m thinking of selling mine - tried on once too tight on my hands 

14 hours ago, random1781 said:

I have the Sand 4's. The knuckles on one hand create hotspots and have for the life of the glove. I just put up with it because I'm cheap. People have said there are some QC problems with some of these gloves, like both hands being significantly different sizes.

Just checked, I bought the Sand 4 as well and not the Dirt like I thought. And yes I fear hotspots on the knuckles. I had this with another pair of gloves though and it went away after a few uses. I'm wondering how one could make the rubber protection a bit more maleable/softer, like maybe hit it with a heat gun in a knuckle position? This could stretch it and make it shape a fist a bit more.

Edited by RiderEh

7 hours ago, Lewie said:

Is the consensus these are real or fake as I’m thinking of selling mine - tried on once too tight on my hands 

I think they may be real, just have quality issues? You'd have to try yours on against some in the store. I wouldn't worry about protection etc. as they seem to be built well.

Every time I have bought Revit gloves I have had to send them back until I got a pair of the same size that fit properly with no defects.  Their quality control needs big improvements, but I do like the gloves once I get a good pair. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RiderEh said:

I think they may be real, just have quality issues? You'd have to try yours on against some in the store. I wouldn't worry about protection etc. as they seem to be built well.

Yeah, I got my Sand 4 from Revzilla and this is probably the shortest-lived glove I've owned. Just over a year and around 18k miles, so it's seen some use. The left glove has four odd holes in it and the pull-tab broke, but the right one has no problems at all. All of those problems came about in the last month or so. I used to be a huge fan of Rev'it gloves, but they've been missing the mark. Klim's Baja S4 glove is comparable in style and price and lasted me a long time.

glove01.jpg.277cca36c97b311db4e9a9b6b317e4c6.jpg

glove02.jpg.c2fe94ad0e98796632190bc6aa5b9a8c.jpg

glove03.jpg.1847e39c59192992d4d54d9062a02fba.jpg

• Like 1

advgoats.com

I just read a bunch of reviews on the Sand 4, and it sounds like lots of people have issues with the knuckles being too tight. I'm thinking of trying the following in order:

1. Wrap around the handlebars and rubber band on to stretch the rubber
  2. Add heat with heat gun (but I worry glue may separate)
  3. Add relief cuts on the knuckle protection

I'm glad I only paid $40 CAD for mine off Aliexpress!

One interesting thing is one review says manufactured in Indonesia (though it's a 2 year old review) yet mine say Vietnam. 

I read on one review someone made relief cuts 2/3 through on the knuckles and this helped a lot.

On 9/15/2023 at 5:18 PM, sunndog said:

Isn't everything "branded" on aliexpress a knock off?

A lot of it is likely made in the same factory as the branded parts, just has the brand removed. These even have Revit tags on the inside of the gloves, they look very legit. Mine are made in Vietnam, not China. Not that they can't knock things off either though.