Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Want Feedback on Cyclops Aurora Aux LED Lights

prowlnS10

Looking for feedback/reviews on Cyclops Aurora Aux LED lights with or without Halo DRL option.

-  output performance/pattern/flare

- pros/cons/issues

- does Cyclops under headlight mount to lower triple clamp (oem low vs high fender mount, see pic) allow horizontal adjustment

- what alternative would you consider (prefer lights that track with the forks vs crash bar mount)

TIA 

Cyclops Aurora.JPG

I picked up mine when I returned from a Lost Coast trip, often times in the fog, wishing I were more visible. I had my eye on these for a while, since size/form/price/function/source all seemed to tic the boxes. I opted to add the Yellow Filters, and not the Halo Rings, so running Full Time/Day Time 50%, with 100% on Brights.

The install was easy and instructions good - zero issues then or after, works as advertised.

The mounting bracket supplied has pros and cons: the lights are very protected where they sit, and overall compliments the look of the bike, as well as improving your night-time output dramatically. There is no horizontal adjustment, they just swivel up and down, as per pic, and I guess that gives you the option of setting up L and R differently.

I have seen aftermarket brackets that move the lights outward, which would. improve visibility even more, but did not want to spend more $.

I'm not super analytical, and the improvement was so substantial, that I won't compare them with other lights/options, nor look for faults. For my occasional night time riding, as well as navigating campsites in the dark, it's a perfect setup.

Happy camper here 🙂

• Like 1

• Moderators

@thepointchris How would you rate the illumination while turning?   The one bug-a-boo of the oem headlight is the straight ahead illumination only.

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

28 minutes ago, AZJW said:

@thepointchris How would you rate the illumination while turning?   The one bug-a-boo of the oem headlight is the straight ahead illumination only.

I should have mentioned that up front - huge benefit! camp site at night, and slow night time riding, including urban areas.  nice to be able to cock it's head and peek a little sideways.  you lose that if you mount on the crash-bars.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1