Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Travel light luggage

Noel McCutcheon

• Premium Member

Go Alloy rack

and Use soft luggage see below

IMG_6962.jpeg.5219539fb073dc4b7fc172b41ea71755.jpeg

IMG_7008.jpeg.8601d4e7b6ad6414e5740908bcf69706.jpeg

71093234604__B839D021-2FCD-49B4-BDEE-1B9A235368CE.jpeg.42dcfcedd4fe0a9f650f6eec62838b22.jpeg

That's a sweet rack and set of saddlebags, nicely done.  I put the Mosko 10L bags on which don't hold much but they do hold the day to day stuff which is why I bought them.   I have another much larger top bag I can stick over the beaver tail if needed but it's not as practical an option as your setup.

I think a lot can be done in simply pairing back on what we carry.  I see so many vids with adventures and tents!  Why a tent I wonder?  I toured when I was young with a 2-man tent fly, using the bike as the 'poles' so to speak.  It was fine, and as long as you didn't setup in a hollow stayed dry underneath.   I still have one in my kit, along with an ex-army drop-sheet and a little cluster of titanium pegs to pin the fly to the ground.  Though I haven't camped on the T7 yet  I think it will make a much better support for the fly because it's so high compared to the other bikes I used it on.

4 hours ago, winddown said:

That's a sweet rack and set of saddlebags, nicely done.  I put the Mosko 10L bags on which don't hold much but they do hold the day to day stuff which is why I bought them.   I have another much larger top bag I can stick over the beaver tail if needed but it's not as practical an option as your setup.

I think a lot can be done in simply pairing back on what we carry.  I see so many vids with adventures and tents!  Why a tent I wonder?  I toured when I was young with a 2-man tent fly, using the bike as the 'poles' so to speak.  It was fine, and as long as you didn't setup in a hollow stayed dry underneath.   I still have one in my kit, along with an ex-army drop-sheet and a little cluster of titanium pegs to pin the fly to the ground.  Though I haven't camped on the T7 yet  I think it will make a much better support for the fly because it's so high compared to the other bikes I used it on.

If you are in mosquito country, that setup will leave your face like a teenagers acne. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why a tent ?? One word …. BUGS ! Camped at around 6000’ on the edge of the tree line a couple nights ago. Without tents we’d have died in our sleep of blood loss. 

IMG_4312.jpeg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, tents for you guys for sure 😄  Hardly any mozies here to speak of and I carry a 'bug-off' repellent myself anyway, just in case.  

• Like 1

On 7/23/2023 at 1:28 AM, winddown said:

Ok, tents for you guys for sure 😄  Hardly any mozies here to speak of and I carry a 'bug-off' repellent myself anyway, just in case.  

And they’re  just the half of it. Then there’s  black flies & horseflies. Slathering  with Deet doesn’t stop them from landing, just biting. Enough to test your sanity, depending on the time of year. Late summer & the first frost of fall usually mellows their pestilence considerably. 

• Like 1

Kriega OS system works great, no rack needed.  Happy with that as a soft luggage system for the T7

• Like 2