Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Yamaha PNW Dealers (Without Extra Fees)

ridersroute

Hey everyone, 

I have been lurking on this forum for the past couple of days and have received tremendous value from all the content that is shared. 

I'm in the market for Tenere 700. The local dealer I have talked to is charging $1890 in extra fees (freight, prep, and warranty). I wanted to check if the community here knows of dealerships in the PNW region or nearby that are selling the bike for MSRP + title fees. 

Thanks

• Moderators

@ridersroute Welcome to the forum. The 3rd and 8th posts in this thread might be helpful.

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

I purchased my '22 from the Powersports in Medford, OR. I believe the freight/setup was $950. It looks like they have a '23 in stock for now $11,400. I didn't purchase a warranty. I'm not aware of any dealers that aren't charging a setup fee, but maybe that's changed since the market seems to have cooled down some. Have you looked at used? I've seen several for sale over the last few months after an initial dry spell after they were first released. Good luck!

5 hours ago, ridersroute said:

charging $1890 in extra fees

Yikes....

Don't limit yourself to local, for that kind of money you could fly anywhere and ride one home.

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

16 hours ago, Hibobb said:

Yikes....

Don't limit yourself to local, for that kind of money you could fly anywhere and ride one home.

I agree, and I am more than happy to do that. I just wouldn't want to do that past mid-west based on how much time it would take. Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, and any other western states would be much easier. 

19 hours ago, SO_Rider said:

I purchased my '22 from the Powersports in Medford, OR. I believe the freight/setup was $950. It looks like they have a '23 in stock for now $11,400. I didn't purchase a warranty. I'm not aware of any dealers that aren't charging a setup fee, but maybe that's changed since the market seems to have cooled down some. Have you looked at used? I've seen several for sale over the last few months after an initial dry spell after they were first released. Good luck!

$950 is way better than what I am being asked here. I am not interested in purchasing a used one for this motorcycle. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 7/17/2023 at 3:15 PM, ridersroute said:

Hey everyone, 

I have been lurking on this forum for the past couple of days and have received tremendous value from all the content that is shared. 

I'm in the market for Tenere 700. The local dealer I have talked to is charging $1890 in extra fees (freight, prep, and warranty). I wanted to check if the community here knows of dealerships in the PNW region or nearby that are selling the bike for MSRP + title fees. 

Thanks

My son got his 2022 T7 from Nash Powersports in Phoenix last August and they treated us very well. I can't speak for their WA locations, but if they're run like their Phoenix location, you should be alright. 

https://www.nashpowersportsauburn.com/default.asp?condition=new&page=inventory&pg=1&sz=50

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS