Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Just got a new 2023, now i wanna protect it.

insistent

Heya, got my hand on a brand new T7 (Canada), didnt had the time to try yet but id also rather add some extra protection from drop, rust, rock ricochet impact, plastic scratch and others.

Ive been browsing for some time and so far many seems to use crash bar but also heard they bend right away, using acf 50 spray or maybe fluid film on metal for anti corossion, maxima sc1 for plastic, and for components and engine scratch protection ive seen R&G covers product, i dont know if they are good tho. Otherwise the exhaust, looking to move it at a safer place without changing the silencer, yet.

Thats pretty much the best i know, anyone has their own build plan to efficiently protect their bike without costing a liver or two? 

Thanks!

From my research i went with following

- Heavy duties enduro crach bars

- adv spec bash plate (need bend wings slightly to clear the bars)

- acerbis hand guards

- clear plastic film on rear panels for luggage scratches

- clean head light guard

- tail tidy 

- acerbis wateroump guard

- frame guard just coz were cheap and on sale

Edited by john_aero

• Moderators

@insistent Welcome to the forum.  Your question unfortunately has as many answers as there are owners as these bikes are used for a myriad of tasks.  Some put on upper/ lower crash bars, skid plates, handguards etc. but either never go off road, never drop test the accessory or never admit they dropped it. 😉  

Searching individual terms will probably be your best course of action as this board has a ton of experience to relate, the tough part is figuring if your use matches theirs. You can also look under " Builds and Maintenance logs" for ideas, lots of good stuff in there. Good luck in your quest to find the setup that works for your application. 

Results of searching the "Parts and Upgrades" forum for skid plates.

https://www.tenere700.net/search/?q=Skid plates&quick=1&type=forums_topic&nodes=59

• Like 3

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

3 hours ago, john_aero said:

- acerbis hand guards

- clean head light guard

- tail tidy 

Thank you

On 8/6/2023 at 7:32 AM, john_aero said:

- acerbis hand guards

- clean head light guard

- tail tidy 

So far ive ordered  a pair of acerbis xgrip frame guard and barkbuster kit, now ove been scratching my head on what upper crash bars i should get, been researching for hours actually, theres quite a lot of them and some of them have been said to be cheaper with great review (heed for exemple), but the thing is that i am in canada and shipping cost can be a great issue, like 200$cad or so for shipping alone with the heeds.

I would prefer one of those upper crash bars that cover better with another mount point under the headlight, should be studier with that alone and looks nicer.

Do you, or anyone else, know what i should look for, while being a good bang for buck larger upper crash bars that could be sold in canada or prehaps in the US with decent shipping rate?

Thanks!

I love my Heed bunker bars. Have taken a few hard hits with just minor scratches. I can't imagine how bad the damage would have been without them. Definitely would have busted my water pump cover or the coolant lines and the side plastics would have been a mess after the wreck that messed my ankle all up. It hit hard on the right side then skidded at least 30 ft on the crash bars and right side handguard. No damage whatsoever except to my ego haha. They were fairly reasonably priced even with shipping from Poland. I wanna say just a hair over $350 US when I ordered mine. I know you guys up there always get hit with ridiculous shipping charges though unfortunately 😕. Wish I had more input on ones that can ship to you at a reasonable price.

Edited by JhrTenere65
Revision
  • Like 1

Maybe look into the tusk brand crash bars from rockymountainatvmc.com. I know they ship internationally on everything but chemicals. Not sure on their pricing though. They cover pretty decent and mount under the headlight like you're looking for. I'm not sure how they hold up, but I've had pretty good luck with tusk handlebars and other products in the past.

Yeah its a shame about the heeds, shipping rate is too harsh. 

Ive looked into the tusk and found this. 

87553507664219945de0621679923525__23431.

Providing quality and performance at a price you can afford is what we strive for, that's where the real value is.

for 329 cad before tax free shipping, however there seems to be very few review about their durability.

Then this

1_1_1cc80d67-c44d-4eb7-9b56-c9e8ea553aeb

SW Motech Upper Crash Bar for 2019- Yamaha Tenere 700 Made to match the motorcycle model, the crash bars are offered with weather- and...

Free shipping too, However ive heard it used to be great untill it got bad, is it true?

47 minutes ago, insistent said:

Yeah its a shame about the heeds, shipping rate is too harsh. 

Ive looked into the tusk and found this. 

87553507664219945de0621679923525__23431.

Providing quality and performance at a price you can afford is what we strive for, that's where the real value is.

for 329 cad before tax free shipping, however there seems to be very few review about their durability.

Then this

1_1_1cc80d67-c44d-4eb7-9b56-c9e8ea553aeb

SW Motech Upper Crash Bar for 2019- Yamaha Tenere 700 Made to match the motorcycle model, the crash bars are offered with weather- and...

Free shipping too, However ive heard it used to be great untill it got bad, is it true?

My bad, it is the outback motortek that ive heard some bad thing, now the sw motech.

This site had by far the cheapeast sw motech for canadian that ive found, ive bite the dust and ordered them. 🙂