Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Rugged Roads Ltd

Noel McCutcheon

• Premium Member

Anyone experiencing majorly delayed parts with orders from Rugged Roads?

No they’ve always been great to deal with.

However I just had a “express delivery” take three weeks from elsewhere, so I reckon the postal system is a bit behind at the mo. Too many cowboy delivery companies out there now. Like Hermes etc. 
give them a call, maybe it’s not in stock. They’re a helpful lot. 

Edited by Dougie
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, Dougie said:

No they’ve always been great to deal with.

However I just had a “express delivery” take three weeks from elsewhere, so I reckon the postal system is a bit behind at the mo. Too many cowboy delivery companies out there now. Like Hermes etc. 
give them a call, maybe it’s not in stock. They’re a helpful lot. 

Thanks @Dougie ….. They’re moving premises at the moment; which isn’t helping. They are saying phone number is off and going to change. Seems they holding my other parts until shock comes in. Touratech could be the delay. Seems long thorough since 4th July. Anyways no one dying, but like to fit bits and get a trip away. Cheers.

I’m actually going to ringwood nextweek for a couple of days - might pop in 

don’t suppose you bought anything small I could pick up and post on

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, Lewie said:

I’m actually going to ringwood nextweek for a couple of days - might pop in 

don’t suppose you bought anything small I could pick up and post on

@Lewie Thanks, large items: a Rear Shock, Fork Springs... Got a reply today (no phones or internet yet at new shop) Annette says that a large Touratech shipment has just cleared customs, so should get next week. Thanks again!

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Lewie said:

No problem- worth an ask just incase
full rear shock ?

@Lewis Yeah, a full-shock with a 85nm spring. Replaces stock shock that I've 90nm spring on. I travel much lighter now. Ditched 12kg Yamaha rear rack.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Update :- 8 weeks, 32 emails later and still No Touratech Shock (ordered from Rugged Roads) or date-info yet…  

Please please (Touratech) Santa don’t make the wait last to Christmas 🙄😜.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
On 8/10/2023 at 4:00 PM, Noel McCutcheon said:

Anyone experiencing majorly delayed parts with orders from Rugged Roads?

Re-bumping this as I'm now waiting 10 weeks on Lithium Battery, Touratech Springs and shock. A shockingly long wait, boom boom.

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Lewie said:

That’s very bad

Yep, really poor and bad. I've sent nearly 40 emails, they moved shop, phones were down, think they misplaced the orders, blamed Touratec, who say they got order order 2 weeks ago and will rush it though but still no delivery date. There's going be an exteemely fraught phone call / email tomorrow.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

@Lewie Result.... finally got my hands on me Touratech Shock. Thanks to Annette at Rugged Roads Ltd.

3 months wait was compensated for financially. And now sorted and fitted. Phew....

Glad you have received your item, I have recently visited their new place to purchase some new riding gear and can imagine it was difficult moving premises with the amount of stuff they had.   

• Like 1