Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Dufflebag without luggage rack

NordicT7

On 8/21/2023 at 12:50 PM, NordicT7 said:

Hi gang,

Need your advice and (un)biased opinions. Im looking to purchase either the Enduristan Blizzard L, or its Kriega OS equivalent and add a dufflebag for the camping stuff.
I prefer to keep the bike clean without to much racks/plates etc. Does anyone has an idea on how to mount a dufflebag (together with the Blizzards) without a luggage rack?

Alternatively.. please suggest a minimal rack that is not Donnertech expensive 😄 
I looked at Atelier7 but am not too keen on their ordering process needing sensitive data.
Perun-moto rack is minimalist also but I guess that one will interfere with the mount for the Mivv dakar.
Camel adventure is nice but I would prefer not drilling in the plastics.

Any ideas?

I use the Large Enduristan Blizzard bags.  They are great.  I don’t use any side racks, but won’t hurt if you do.  I use an older Nelson Rigg roll top bag.  Very very stable off-road.  If I was going to buy another top bag, I’d buy the Giant loop Rogue dry bag or the Tillamook fry bag.  They open from both sides.  

71074077180__BF48003D-E16B-4EF2-A878-B7D4A2470502.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Redneckj said:

I use the Large Enduristan Blizzard bags.  They are great.  I don’t use any side racks, but won’t hurt if you do.  I use an older Nelson Rigg roll top bag.  Very very stable off-road.  If I was going to buy another top bag, I’d buy the Giant loop Rogue dry bag or the Tillamook fry bag.  They open from both sides.  

71074077180__BF48003D-E16B-4EF2-A878-B7D4A2470502.jpeg

thanks, this is exactly what I was considering to be my set-up. I do not want side racks because I want to be able to remove the luggage and take a passenger.

I started the convo mainly related to how you mounted the duffle. I see rockstraps on the front attached the the t7 mounting nipples, but how did you secure the rear? It seems most people use a tail rack to do so which I am hoping to avoid while still securing the pack properly.

Well today I picked up an OS 6 to utilise the extra loops that the OS base comes with. This means I can carry the things I need to fix a puncture/clean my visor etc even when I don't necessarily want to take my panniers with me.  

PXL_20230823_114126458.jpg

PXL_20230823_115651420.jpg

PXL_20230823_123032024.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, neil_ said:

Well today I picked up an OS 6 to utilise the extra loops that the OS base comes with. This means I can carry the things I need to fix a puncture/clean my visor etc even when I don't necessarily want to take my panniers with me.  

Nice, that's exactly what I used in my setup I shared above. Works well.

21 hours ago, neil_ said:

PXL_20230823_114126458.jpg

PXL_20230823_115651420.jpg

PXL_20230823_123032024.jpg

That’s a nice setup as well. Those are the 17l ones right? Fudge I have a hard time deciding.. one thing that is clear is that I don’t need a luggage rack 😂

I came to the same conclusion after nearly a year of mulling the whole "luggage" thing 😄. They are the OS 18 Panniers with the OS base. I also got the rally seat specific version of the rear foot peg eyelets. The rig fits extremely well and feels very secure. The smaller bag I got for the tail pack is an OS 6, though I am tempted to get another OS 6 as they can also be used as panniers with the base. So many configuration options, enough for any occasion. 😎

• Like 1

I really like the Tusk Excursion rack less system, I strap my duffle to the top of it and it’s very solid.