Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Center stand spring mount

Totti

Installed the H&B center stand today. Don't know if You figured this out, but here is how I mounted the spring.

First tried it with pliers, but I wasn't strong enough. So I got some string and a piece of wood. Much easier this way.

68380A5D-FAEC-4C6A-B3CD-377874DFA245.jpeg

0E63DDE4-768B-488B-8562-7DAFDA690DB7.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

"Eternally, unavoidably, eventually, all paths will lead to the cemetery." Sentenced

• 10 months later...

Hahaha, wish I had seen this yesterday....finally got it on with a ratchet strap, spring puller and lots of cursing!

Any idea if removal is as difficult/frightening?

19 hours ago, HoboHighlander said:

Hahaha, wish I had seen this yesterday....finally got it on with a ratchet strap, spring puller and lots of cursing!

Any idea if removal is as difficult/frightening?

Removing can be done by either way: yours or mine. 😁

• Like 1

"Eternally, unavoidably, eventually, all paths will lead to the cemetery." Sentenced

• Moderators

I couldn't locate here on the forum if this had already been posted, but here's another method. As Totti basically said, more than one way to skin a cat.

Jump to 1:45 to get to the meat and potatoes section.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

• 2 weeks later...

I did it one spring at a time and used a large 1/4 wide tie wrap to stretch each separately..

• Like 1

On 1/3/2021 at 9:42 AM, Atomizer said:

Super easy doing one spring at a time with hooked spring tool....

Doing one spring started to straighten it out..