Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Show Your toolboxes!

Totti

• 1 month later...

I’ve done exactly the same. You can find small cases at Vinnies or Salvation Army stores, old pencil cases or camera cases . I found one that fits perfect under the seat and I can now fit a lot more tools. The bag is stronger than the crappy plastic tool bag  Yamaha supplied.  I’ve ordered a tool tube and will fit all my other tools and tyre repair stuff there or behind some side cases.

• Like 2

You can buy a tool tube on eBay. I’ve just ordered one for $23 aus delivered. I still have my Yamaha xmax 300 where I managed to strap all my tools and small air compressor and first aid kit behind the plastic side covers and the frame. I’ll be doing the same with this bike. 

17 hours ago, Ktmmitch said:

T7-specific plastic toolbox available now, nice and snug fit on right tank side, ideal for storing tools, safety equipment or spares.

RRP669-5.jpg

That is a neat piece of kit. I was impressed until I looked on their web site and saw the price. By the time you added postage to Australia I would probably be looking at around $120 Aud. Plus. I like it though.  

Well I would add at least add 12, 14 and 17 mm spanner or spanner-combinations.

In case you are aware of the weight consider asahi lightools.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 3/24/2020 at 10:06 PM, Southcoastbiker said:

You can buy a tool tube on eBay. I’ve just ordered one for $23 aus delivered. I still have my Yamaha xmax 300 where I managed to strap all my tools and small air compressor and first aid kit behind the plastic side covers and the frame. I’ll be doing the same with this bike. 

any pics cheers ?

Everyone asks me what the thing is on the right hand side of the bike. It’s a cut down crutch to both lift my wheels off the ground as I don’t have a centrestand and keep mud side bags away from the exhaust and plastic

E8F0A867-9F20-44DB-A886-93B32FBCF533.jpeg

9CDEA072-C944-498D-B637-F4ADB87A2D65.jpeg