Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Best tire sealant?

Stevoh

Having to change out my front hd tube as it's had Slime brand  tyre sealant in for two years, recommendation is the product is no longer serviceable after that period of time and a new tube should be used, last set of tyres I didn't balance and pretty much got away with it, but they are starting to bounce a little to much at lower speeds on road now.

Has anyone has success with Ride-on tyre sealant/ balancer in a tubed tyre.

I'm sure it seals ok it's more the balance side of the product I'm interested in.

TIA

• Moderators

@Stevoh Realizing you wanted feedback on Ride-On sealant,  I can't help there. I can however, comment on the serviceability of OKO tire sealant.   I've been running the On road sealant in Beta dirtbike for a couple of years and most recently in my T7 and haven't had any flats or balance issues. I ride a lot of rocky trails laced with prickly pear and Cholla cactus, so I'm either really good at avoiding sharp stuff ( not likely) or this stuff works.

It only takes about 7-10 oz a tire so my $50 gallon still has 3+ quarts left. YMMV, my .02 worth.

https://okotiresealants.com/tire-sealant-for-motorcycles/

20230903_134049.jpg.4387a7d4ea327f94ced4b41b310012d5.jpg

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

• Moderators

@Redneckj Yes, 12oz sounds correct. As far as application,  OKO sells a syringe that threads onto the valve stem so it's easy to draw up the 12oz and add to the tube. Highly recommend you add one of those to your order. Looks like you'll have to ask about the applicator as I didn't find it listed on their website in my cursory search.

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

I was in the shop a while back and asked about sealants in tubes, the dude said they work ok, so I bought a can and keep it in my saddlebag.  If I get a flat I'll pump it in then.  I didn't want to have it in all the time for the issues you raise stevoh

• Like 1

I bought one of those balance it yourself at home frames and it works very well. Easy to use and sits on a top shelf when not it use.  Thinking logically a sealant would spread evenly inside tube so I can't imagine it would counteract tyre imbalance. Ref on sealant I've used the cheaper one from farmers shop and it worked well.

• Like 1