Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Nice cnc levers

vagrant318

I recently cut down my stock levers and not really liking the feel.. Has anyone tried the nice cnc levers? I have a asv brake lever on my DRZ which is great but I had fitment issues with the clutch levers and heard the same on the t7. Also not looking to spend 200$ on levers although I'd maybe go higher end with the brake lever. Mostly wondering about clutch lever. Also any other recommendations appreciated and yes I have read most of the threads and got fairly mixed reviews on levers but nothing about these.

Thanks 

I have the CRG shorties. I know it's more than you want to spend but I can say the quality and feel is very good.

On 9/11/2023 at 1:06 PM, Dan M said:

I have the CRG shorties. I know it's more than you want to spend but I can say the quality and feel is very good.

How does the clutch lever fit? Is it a true 2 finger or 3? 

I went ahead and bought an ASV brake lever because I have one on my DRZ and it's fantastic.  Having thought about it, cheaping out on my control/contact points with the bike is just something I don't think I want to do.  The control points are something I've come to really appreciate every time I ride.

I've read about the clutch levers not fitting so I'm waiting on that and may alter the stock lever a bit more to improve the feel. The magura hymec system is also an interesting option.  

I have these Tector ones. Great feel and fitting. Adjustable 2-4 fingers and foldable. They have also other versions and colors.

Verstellbare Hebel CNC gefräst mit ABE ⏩ 6-fach einstellbar & stufenlos längenverstellbar ✔️ Passgenau ✔️ einfache Montage ✔️ schnelle & kostenlose...

5 hours ago, vagrant318 said:

How does the clutch lever fit? Is it a true 2 finger or 3? 

I went ahead and bought an ASV brake lever because I have one on my DRZ and it's fantastic.  Having thought about it, cheaping out on my control/contact points with the bike is just something I don't think I want to do.  The control points are something I've come to really appreciate every time I ride.

I've read about the clutch levers not fitting so I'm waiting on that and may alter the stock lever a bit more to improve the feel. The magura hymec system is also an interesting option.  

They both fit perfectly and are comfortable with either two or three fingers.  They're about an inch shorter than the stock levers.   

ASV are top quality as well. I had a pair on an Aprilia some years back. I like the roller adjustment on those.

I have the Puig Short levers and the Camel ADV 1 finger clutch - I'm very happy with the set up (on the middle hole).

Size is perfect for two fingers.

Edited by RMMark

On 9/9/2023 at 6:59 AM, vagrant318 said:

I recently cut down my stock levers and not really liking the feel.. Has anyone tried the nice cnc levers? I have a asv brake lever on my DRZ which is great but I had fitment issues with the clutch levers and heard the same on the t7. Also not looking to spend 200$ on levers although I'd maybe go higher end with the brake lever. Mostly wondering about clutch lever. Also any other recommendations appreciated and yes I have read most of the threads and got fairly mixed reviews on levers but nothing about these.

Thanks 

1 hour ago, Dan M said:

They both fit perfectly and are comfortable with either two or three fingers.  They're about an inch shorter than the stock levers.   

ASV are top quality as well. I had a pair on an Aprilia some years back. I like the roller adjustment on those.

+1 for the CRG's, they are nice and solid, paired with the Camel Clutch Lever the combo is excellent.