Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

1 finger clutch - Camel ADV vs Altrider

Forza

Hi everyone,

My first post here, will be picking up my World Raid in a couple of days and I'm already lining up the mods.

Regarding the 1 finger clutch mod there's the Camel ADV version of course but I also found two from Altrider. They have just the arm but also a complete kit like Camel ADV: Altrider kit. It's pennies cheaper (here in Europe) than the Camel ADV but for me the looks are way better with the Altrider kit. 

So, any experiences with this new kit? Or thoughts?

image.jpeg.1c8a7afcdb404c390862248ad5792bc5.jpeg

image.jpeg.86b264fa2336f2fe491a2c4c9aaf7449.jpeg

1 hour ago, Forza said:

Or thoughts?

Thoughts..... Here is the the Camel ADV owner/rider/research-development/product tester/crash-test dummy.

Nuff Said!

Edited by Hibobb
  • Like 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

• Moderators

@Forza Welcome to the forum from Arizona.  @Hibobb Agreed. Camel-ADV stuff is bulletproof and has been tested to the extreme. I'd be surprised if any customer has put their Camel parts through more torture than Cory (designer/owner of Camel-ADV). 

• Like 2

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

I have the altrider onefinger clutch, but the old version one, just the adjustable arm. It works good and i have a shop closeby who sells it, no expensive shippings.

i think altrider copie's a lot.   thy have to do it different to dodge copy rights   and that's also why i don't use em.  not saying its bad is just a mater of principle for me.

before you say thy dont.  its always someone who has that product first and thy alter it slightly. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, sunndog said:

There's this one too

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for One Finger Clutch Arm Lever For Yamaha Tenere 700 /XTZ700 / XSR700...

That knockoff doesn't have the cable guide adjustment which can/will cause premature wear on the clutch cable. 

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

1 hour ago, sunndog said:

There's this one too

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for One Finger Clutch Arm Lever For Yamaha Tenere 700 /XTZ700 / XSR700...

China. They also make Cnc  parts for other equipment, for £5, when oem charges £40. Enough said. 
and no, it’s not because they didn’t need to design it so it cost less. Would anyone let their kids use a climbing carabiner made by them? 🤔

Edited by Dougie
  • Like 1

I also have the Camel. Excellent quality.

Besides the fact that it is splined, it offers more options with three places to locate the cable rather than one or two.

30 minutes ago, Dougie said:

China. They also make Cnc  parts for other equipment, for £5, when oem charges £40. Enough said. 
and no, it’s not because they didn’t need to design it so it cost less. Would anyone let their kids use a climbing carabiner made by them? 🤔

Honestly I've never had anything from nice cnc that wasn't decent quality 

Ok, thnx for the feedback! Although there probably nothing wrong or against the Altrider kit, the Camel ADV one is a known top notch product. That one will be going on my list then 😉.

Then my second question, has anyone installed this on a World Raid yet? It seems that there's an extra plastic cover that covers the cable guide. Is there enough room to fit the Camel ADV guide?

Edited by Forza
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Dougie said:

I despise cheap chinese knock off. ( note the lack of capital C ). 

Cory has spent time and money developing bits for bikes.

I have several bits on the T7. Prior to that I had the Camel tank on an F8GS and it was spot on.

Not long ago ebay had imitation Pivot Pegz. Clearly a chinese imitation. The only difference I could see was the spelling of "Pegz" - to Pegs.

I took a screen shot and contacted the Aussie manufacturer and I am pretty sure ebay took the listing down fairly quickly.

• Like 1

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.