Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Discussion - Radiator Braces

vagrant318

On 10/3/2023 at 10:21 AM, DT675 said:

Since this thread is about crashing and damaging your radiator, I hope I'm not too far off topic by asking- has anyone had/heard of the fuel tank being damaged by crashing without crash bars?  I think that may be my bigger concern than the radiator. 

I dented my tank even with lower crash bars. The handlebar riser bent enough to leave the bars unable to protect the tank. I doubt any of the upper bars I have seen would have done any better. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 10/3/2023 at 4:43 PM, Camel ADV said:

We’ll be doing final testing in Moab later this month. 

@Camel ADV can i be cheeky and ask how has the testing on the rad bring been going?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporting Vendor
On 1/17/2024 at 8:53 AM, john_aero said:

@Camel ADV can i be cheeky and ask how has the testing on the rad bring been going?

Things are coming along nicely. I rode the wheels off my bike with them installed for most of the 2023 season with some pretty epic crash tests. Production is moving along nicely.

Take a second to orientate the first photo below to understand the thoroughness of the testing LOL. Lots of hard drops on pointy rocks with no issues at all.

We want to make sure the braces are up to the task so when knock-off companies start copying them, they can hit the ground running 🙄

image.jpeg.534256ce0962e3fc277ae018e34887cb.jpegimage.jpeg.5dbfaba33048553e5d34e48cc3e4d34d.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

That is some testing.

I am looking forward to them as these with the new unbreakable plastics would be a brilliant setup. I can then dump the lower crash bars

• Like 2

Amazing developement as always. Kind of a revolutionary product for this bike.

It would finally give it the no-crashbars toughness that it deserves. 

• Like 2