Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere 700 - Outback Motortek asymmetrical pan

SpencerChedid

I've decided to swap my luggage system so I'm selling these Outback Motortek asymmetrical pannier racks.
Purchased just last year and it's been very lighly used. No scratches and never dropped the bike on them.

https://outbackmotortek.ca/product/yamaha-tenere-700-pannier-racks/

Asking CAD$200. Save yourself some taxes and shipping.
Located in Airdrie, AB.

PXL_20231006_203428433.jpg

PXL_20231006_203455972.jpg

PXL_20231006_203527934~3.jpg

PXL_20231006_205440278~2.jpg

Edited by SpencerChedid

What have you decide to go with instead of this system. I’m curious because I am looking into buying the assymetrical pannier system myself?

thanks 

6 minutes ago, E-Rock said:

What have you decide to go with instead of this system. I’m curious because I am looking into buying the assymetrical pannier system myself?

thanks 

Currently I have a pair of Nelson Rigg Sierra Dry bags, which I think makes the bike very wide. Nothing wrong with the assymetrical panniers. In fact they're great and also offer some exaust protection in case you tip the bike over on the right.
But as far as luggage goes, instead of trying out a set of different bags to go with the panniers, I decided to go for something more flush like the Enduristan Blizzard (haven't decided yet though).

That’s good to know. I was thinking either this system with Mosko moto and a rear duffle or the reckless 80. I have also been thinking on enduristan Blizzard bags with a rear duffle. I don’t want to drop all this money just to find out I don’t like the setup. I don’t want super wide setup either but I’m planning on living of the bike for a while so there are compromises to all options.  Also, how much do you think those weigh?

• Like 1

It's always a challenge to find the right luggage setup, isn't it? 😅 To be honest I'm still having second thoughts about selling it.
Last I checked it weights 3kg (6.6lb) inclusing all the mounting hardware.

I had these Outback racks coupled with Mosko Backcountry 35L bags. Great for road tripping, sucked for back-country/offroad. Too wide, and heavy. Went with Mosko's Reckless 80 system and won't ever look back.

I think I have Yamaha disease...

30 minutes ago, Canzvt said:

I had these Outback racks coupled with Mosko Backcountry 35L bags. Great for road tripping, sucked for back-country/offroad. Too wide, and heavy. Went with Mosko's Reckless 80 system and won't ever look back.

The Mosko's 80L are great indeed, but they are very pricy as well. I woud never put down $1K on a couple bags, but that's just me.

But for living off the bike for a while? Do you think the reckless 80 would do the job or  the outback rack with the backcountry and setup? Or the reckless 80 with like a bigger duffle like 30 or 40 liter instead of the stinger 22? 

I moto-camped on the AZ and part of the UT BDR this past spring for 9 days using the Mosko Reckless 80 system. Really liked their versatility and flexibility. Are they worth $1200CAD? It depends what you are looking for I guess. I've always believed (and experienced it through multiple business and personal purchases) you get what you pay for, and either way you are going to pay, whether through cash or time or aggravation or... I had the cash and didn't want the aggravation or spend the time mucking with stuff. These things work! And are highly flexible. There are other systems out there that are similar and might be just as good (Tusk, Turkana, Giant Loop, etc), but I purchased MM.

The reason I sold my Outback/Backcountry setup is that I do a lot of deep back-country/off road riding, and the rigid mounts/bag frames just about took out my left ankle and right foot on a number of occasions due to paddling my feet in tough spots or tip overs and the bags being in-flexible. Again, I think this is  a great set-up for street/gravel touring, but NOT for backcountry/off-road in my opinion.

On 10/10/2023 at 1:32 PM, SpencerChedid said:

It's always a challenge to find the right luggage setup, isn't it? 😅 To be honest I'm still having second thoughts about selling it.
Last I checked it weights 3kg (6.6lb) inclusing all the mounting hardware.

Oh yes it is.  Im on my 3rd set-up...

On 10/11/2023 at 8:36 AM, Canzvt said:

I moto-camped on the AZ and part of the UT BDR this past spring for 9 days using the Mosko Reckless 80 system. Really liked their versatility and flexibility. Are they worth $1200CAD? It depends what you are looking for I guess. I've always believed (and experienced it through multiple business and personal purchases) you get what you pay for, and either way you are going to pay, whether through cash or time or aggravation or... I had the cash and didn't want the aggravation or spend the time mucking with stuff. These things work! And are highly flexible. There are other systems out there that are similar and might be just as good (Tusk, Turkana, Giant Loop, etc), but I purchased MM.

The reason I sold my Outback/Backcountry setup is that I do a lot of deep back-country/off road riding, and the rigid mounts/bag frames just about took out my left ankle and right foot on a number of occasions due to paddling my feet in tough spots or tip overs and the bags being in-flexible. Again, I think this is  a great set-up for street/gravel touring, but NOT for backcountry/off-road in my opinion.

How is the 80L calculated? 40L per side or is a top bag included with that number?

Edit: Sorry @SpencerChedid, this was the wrong thread for me to ask that question in... GLWS.

Edited by DT675
Hijacking

On 10/14/2023 at 8:35 AM, DT675 said:

How is the 80L calculated? 40L per side or is a top bag included with that number?

Edit: Sorry @SpencerChedid, this was the wrong thread for me to ask that question in... GLWS.

40L dry bag per side fitted to a 'holster' saddlebag that drops over the seat and secures at the back and on each side. Top bags are available in 20, 40 and 60L IIRC and are secured through their 'beaver tail' system. SUPER flexible in mounting, configuring, and options. NOT cheap, but worth every penny in my opinion.

• Thanks 1