Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

HEED's rear...

Gary...

...crash bars: are they any good? Do they fully protect the muffler fully too???? They look okay, but, they SEEM to be attached to the subframe, would this be okay to place there?

Thanks...

Edit: 

https://heedshop.eu/en_US/p/Rear-crash-bars-for-Yamaha-TENERE-700/511

Screenshot_20231013_110141_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Edited by Gary...
Missing link.

Thanks...

@Gary...

Sorry I don't have experience with those. However, I happened to come across these today, and had to think of your post:

Not sure if you just want rear crash-bars, or a complete luggage rack for your Tenere? With our kit you don’t have to choose anymore! Use the rear-crash bars in this kit separately, or in combination with the side luggage plates to...

The fact that there's multiple companies building this type of thing does add validity to the concept.

If you want my opinion based on the pictures, I would say it looks like the Heed would protect the fairings from cracking when tipping over on flat ground, but they wouldn't do much else. They do extend beyond the muffler, which might be just enough protection to save the day, but I wouldn't say they provide full protection. Being attached to the subframe is kind of the only way of attaching something to the tail, it might cause problems in a hard crash, but should hold up good in your average trail horizontal.

I am not sure what you are exactly looking for, but have you considered luggage racks? They would provide equal if not better protection, with the added benefit of providing space for luggage.

Hope that was helpful 👍

• Like 2

Millions unreached, none unreachable.

• 1 month later...

Late to react but I had them mounted. It's a great lifting point and protects the fairing pretty good.

It doesn't protect the OEM exhaust, it will still bend. They attach to the license plate bolts and footpegs, when I went down hard after a tankslapper offroad the front crashbars bend and the rear were fine. Also no damage to the subframe.

On 12/8/2023 at 3:09 AM, Brian Danger said:

Will the heed rear bars work with the Huzar high mount exhaust? 

I had them working but custom made a bracket which hold the muffler on the bar since I didn't want to cut in the rear fender.

The HPCorse was a easier fit.

Do you have a picture of the bracket you made? I’m in the same boat and don’t want to cut the plastic. I have an idea of what I’m going to do when it all gets here but another view is always helpful. 

Without crash protection

PROTECT-1.jpg.6509d6ce3d9e1d3de490386cd15ed4ca.jpg

With crash protection

PROTECT-2.jpg.e08371cfd4abb28c1044476ff986c170.jpg

I bought those saddlebags in May 2022 for 200 Euro.  Today they are 450 Euro.  What the HELL is going on?

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, CamT said:

Hey! I'm in the same postion. I have HEED rear bars and run the OS Base. Did you end up buying a high exhaust that works ? The OS base seems easy enough to work around (as Kriega sells foot peg replacement loops). But it's hard to tell if either of the pipes that @Camel ADV sells will fit with the Heed bars. 

Mivv exhaust works with heed rear crash bars. Okay fit. Hp course does not. 

2 minutes ago, Ande83 said:

Mivv exhaust works with heed rear crash bars. Okay fit. Hp course does not. 

4BFD9161-BB29-4808-B94C-53BC41F89EE1.jpeg

• Like 1

@Ande83 Thanks for the Photo! Any rattling against the heed bars?

Also how is the clearance behind the passenger peg bracket? I have the Kriega OS base soft luggage system and I loop through that peg like in the second photo that @winddown posted, so was also wanting to ensure that the pipe wouldn't burn the strap.

I'm also debating on trying the Dominator MX2. It looks really close to clearing the Heed bars, and doesn't need the tidy, but it's hard to tell. Anyone here know of the MX2 Exhaust with Heed bars?

3 hours ago, CamT said:

@Ande83 Thanks for the Photo! Any rattling against the heed bars?

Also how is the clearance behind the passenger peg bracket? I have the Kriega OS base soft luggage system and I loop through that peg like in the second photo that @winddown posted, so was also wanting to ensure that the pipe wouldn't burn the strap.

I'm also debating on trying the Dominator MX2. It looks really close to clearing the Heed bars, and doesn't need the tidy, but it's hard to tell. Anyone here know of the MX2 Exhaust with Heed bars?

Yeah it clears the passenger foot pegs no problem. I had to file on the exhaust bracket. To make more room. Just a little bit. 668019EC-9EAF-4198-BD7D-2B4256773D01.jpeg.13e40311c7d5cd61b512a403c0330b4f.jpegF147A07E-DBF8-43B6-A6B6-9B1ACB70D475.jpeg.d921eaf16a763341f061e6a30c8c6936.jpeg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Reporting that I went with the Dominator high exhaust. I thought it would be a tight fit with the Heed bars, and I was right. But, a simple fix. I took my Heed rear bar off, put it in a vice, and bent the rear L shaped moutning bracket ever so slightly so that the bar itself would sit a little higher against the plastics.  It would have fit without doing this (using elbow grease), but it was resting right against the bar and I wanted a little bit of clearance. No other modifications other than that and I'm quite happy with the look and sound. 

I also put the bike on it's side to check that the pesty stock exhaust bracked is now in a safe sport, which it is.

It's the dead of winter here so I can't report on anything other than that at the moment. So far it seems like the right option for me to avoid being forced into a tail tidy and aftermarket tail lights. 

I was also able to keep the pillion foot pegs, which I felt was important so that they offer some pretection when the bike takes a dirt nap, and for mounting my soft luggage.

IMG_6559.jpg

IMG_6556.jpg

IMG_6554.jpg

IMG_6562.jpg

• Like 1