Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Yamaha Factory quickshifter

razz007

Is awesome , fitted for nearly a week and it’s great , keep her pinned through the gears and away you go , very smooth from 3k upwards even when not flat out  . Hopefully I’ll get down a lane after work tomorrow to see how it feels off road . We got a monster storm coming thru , so the lanes could be interesting 

first time i hear of it, you still have the clutch tho ? like to start and for low speed in technical stuff ? 

9 hours ago, razz007 said:

Is awesome , fitted for nearly a week and it’s great , keep her pinned through the gears and away you go , very smooth from 3k upwards even when not flat out  . Hopefully I’ll get down a lane after work tomorrow to see how it feels off road . We got a monster storm coming thru , so the lanes could be interesting 

Which T7 model?

4 hours ago, maddog123 said:

first time i hear of it, you still have the clutch tho ? like to start and for low speed in technical stuff ? 

Still use the clutch for launch and when ever you like 

• 3 weeks later...

What Yamaha part number did you use?  Where is the bike side connector located?  Thanks!

I just installed mine yesterday and I'm really impressed. The only other quick shifter I've ridden with was on my Husky Svartpilen and this one is absolute butter by comparison. It seems a little exposed to damage and the top of the linkage is pushed out further from the bike, but carrying the stock linkage as a spare on a trip seems like best practices anyway and it takes up almost no room.

PXL_20231108_152656231.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/8/2023 at 5:57 PM, forty2 said:

I just installed mine yesterday and I'm really impressed. The only other quick shifter I've ridden with was on my Husky Svartpilen and this one is absolute butter by comparison. It seems a little exposed to damage and the top of the linkage is pushed out further from the bike, but carrying the stock linkage as a spare on a trip seems like best practices anyway and it takes up almost no room.

PXL_20231108_152656231.jpg

Thank you very much for sharing info about QS !

May I please ask you ist it possible to take a photo of wire connector for QS and possibly color of wires ?
Thing is , I got myself T7 with FTECU flash and QS is enabled in flash.
Also, recently I got myself cheap QS sensor from aliexpress, witch is N/O type (most of them are).

So I am thinking abou experimenting with it and try it on my t7 !
I dont know where are wiring connections ? I have two spares connectors right behind that black cover where your wire goes but Im jet sure what are they for ?

Thank you very much
image.png.5557ff9e58479237ce964f5f27529fa0.png

11 hours ago, Ivan said:

May I please ask you ist it possible to take a photo of wire connector for QS and possibly color of wires ?
Also, recently I got myself cheap QS sensor from aliexpress, witch is N/O type (most of them are).

I dont know where are wiring connections ? I have two spares connectors right behind that black cover where your wire goes but Im jet sure what are they for ?

Thank you very much

I'm out of town for the weekend. I'll try to remember to grab a picture when I get home tomorrow.

7 hours ago, parkys100 said:

Does this fit a 2020 model please?

I can't imagine it does, only for TFT dash models so far as I'm aware.

18 hours ago, Ivan said:

Thank you very much

It’s the light grey two pin plug behind the black panel under ya seat , left hand side front . It’s got a blank plug in it . Tft model version only 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, razz007 said:

It’s the light grey two pin plug behind the black panel under ya seat , left hand side front . It’s got a blank plug in it . Tft model version only 

That is a thing, I cannot find it. I have 2022 World Raid model (it has TFT screen).
There are blank two plus , black, each has 2x wires in it, they are over taped with black tape. Im thinking maybe that are the wires ?
Thank you  

52 minutes ago, Ivan said:

That is a thing, I cannot find it. I have 2022 World Raid model (it has TFT screen).
There are blank two plus , black, each has 2x wires in it, they are over taped with black tape. Im thinking maybe that are the wires ?
Thank you  

I’m unsure of the world raid . This is what I removed to plug in the quickshifter . I sold my tenere yesterday , so unable to get to the bike now IMG_6792.jpeg.e4d98577413829ce5bd9b1fc88621a0b.jpeg

16 hours ago, Ivan said:

Thank you  

No doesn’t fit first batch of world raids only any of them manufactured in 23 

Just now, N11 EXPRESS said:

No doesn’t fit first batch of world raids only any of them manufactured in 23 

I was told that 2022 dont have prewired connector but one guy told me thats only wire is missing. All harness I could do by myself (going to ECU).
Also, my ECU is flashed with FTecu with QS 
So I m just interested, color code of the wires that are going to that plug so I can exame wiring diagram and what pin uses on ECU.

Yes so basically you can’t fit factory quickshifter but you can fit other brands but at a much higher cost and will have to fully wire yourself 

10 minutes ago, forty2 said:

Here it is:

PXL_20231112_222709160.jpg

PXL_20231112_222716902.jpg

Obviously I dont have it, but I have different ones (check the photo). Can I just ask one more thing, can you tell me those two wire going to connector , what are the colors ? (not the sensor side, other one)
Thanks !!

IMG20231113021745.jpg

IMG20231113021739.jpg

• 3 months later...

I have a 2023 World Raid and have been looking at the QS I know it has the Standard rally version and acceptable to fit, but I can't seem to find if the World Raid is suitable.  can some let me know.