Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

ABS Ring source

AZJW

• Moderators

Since @Aleksandar13 is no longer selling modified ABS rings for speedo correction,  I just noticed this source over on another forum. If you're not familiar with the reason for purchasing a modified ring, check out this thread.  

I have no dog in this hunt, just passing along a link if someone is interested.  Note the post is their first and has no established reputation there so "Caveat emptor".

https://www.advrider.com/f/threads/t7-abs-rings.1680765/

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

I'll send the cut file to anyone who dm's me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think I have Yamaha disease...

10 hours ago, Tenerider said:

Good hint!

Off-the-road.de sell them, too - might be interesting for our EU members.

Modifizierter ABS Impulsgeberring für Tachoangleichung Yamaha Tenere 700   Der Tacho der Tenere 700 eilt leider stark...

43 euro for 2; 50 euro to post to Australia. 

Not bloody likely

• Sad 1

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

2 hours ago, Rider 101 said:

Not bloody likely

That's ridiculous. I bet they'd fit into a small envelope.

Take my cut file to your local laser/waterjet cutter and ask for two (measure the thickness of your original ones, as I don't remember how thick the material is), made out of magnetic stainless, or carbon steel if you plan to powder coat/paint them. Unfortunately, most of these shops have a minimum charge. The shop I used was $75. I got 6 rings for $75. Gave away one set. Likewise, powder coaters will charge a minimum unless you want to wait until your color is being applied, then you probably could get it for free.

• Like 1

I think I have Yamaha disease...

14 hours ago, Rider 101 said:

Not bloody likely

A package that fits through the mailbox, up to 1 kg, costs about €20 to australia. I can help sending it if needed.

Thanks for the offer.

I generally ride with a GPS which gives a good indication of speed.

The correction rings would be a bit of luxury and not vital.

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

If anyone is replacing with corrected rings or has a spare set; I'm interested in a pair of the stock rings. North America preferred.

DM me. Thanks!