Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Meter assembly

Danst7

Howdy everyone I had a little off and smashed the meter assembly on my 2020 

a new 2020 meter assembly is $820 here in Australia but one for a 2022 t7 is $410 

would there be any reason why I couldn’t get a 2022 mdl for my 2020 ????

they look the same and have same functions ? 
anyone have any advice 

cheers !!!!

IMG_8293.jpeg

The only difference between 2020 and '22 models should be Euro4 vs Euro5 compliance - I'd expect ECU differences, but no changes on the dash unit. But I might be wrong and @sunndog 's approach should give a definitive answer.

• Like 1

Unfortunately the dash comes as an entire assembly, so you have to purchase everything, but you can and should swap out just the broken parts and retain your original board if it's in good condition, because this is where the odometer is stored (there's a thread or two here about that). If you do this, I think the odds of being incompatible are extremely low. I'd guess the crazy difference in price is some weird inventory thing, maybe they rev'd the board early on or changed manufacturers. I think the normal price for the assembly is around $400, never seen it for twice that amount.

The connector on the left with the dab of glue is where the LCD screen connects to the board:

PXL_20230501_181810217.jpg.9dce10e0cab066ea369b2d733552de4e.jpg

And to @sunndog's point, as long as the five digits of the part number are the same, you should be good to go:

About Yamaha part numbers

Part Number in the format XXX-XXXXX-XX-XX

XXX-XXXXX-XX-XX
The first three digits are the Model Code (every model in the Yamaha Product Line has a unique model number) all parts are given a Model Code of the first model they were used on.

XXX-XXXXX-XX-XX
The middle five digits are the Basic Code number and indicates the actual part, i.e. 11631 = piston; 11311 = cylinder, etc.

"W" substituted in the first position of this five-digit group (000-W0000-00-00) indicates a factory assembled kit which differs in content from the original assembly used in production (i.e. 2M0-W0046-00-00 – Rear Break Pad @$$’y).

XXX-XXXXX-XX-XX
The next two digits are the Design Code and Design Change digits (so 01 means the part has had one design change). This part may or may not appear different, but it will be interchangeable with the original part.

XXX-XXXXX-XX-XX
The last two digits are the Color or Finish Code.

For a Part Number in the format XXXXX-XXXXX-XX
All these parts are Hardware (fasteners), they all start with a '9' and end in '00'. - 9XXXX-XXXXX-00

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

advgoats.com

4 hours ago, sunndog said:

Are the part numbers different?

Only 2nd letter and 1 digit is different all the rest is identical if you see even the internals are all identical 

here in Australia the price is half of a 2020 mdl assembly 🤷‍♂️don’t understand why 

IMG_8628.jpeg

IMG_8626.jpeg

• Moderators
  • Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS