Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

EICMA news for T7 World Raid

Maurizio_M

Just seen the corresponding info on Yamaha Europe website.

Some serious stuff! KYB 48mm forks/triple clamp. Bigger, protected cooler and dedicated oil cooler. Different airbox/filter and ECU. Carbon skid.

I don't think that it will be road legal in Europe (probably can't meet Euro5 regulations), but damn I'm jealous 😅

But then, my Tractive suspension is already above my riding skill level, so I don't need even more sophisticated, rallye-oriented stuff.

All in all I think it's cool!

• Like 1

those rear tanks are very intresting - would be something I would like to retrofit on my "normal" T7 to extend the range for my upcoming trip to Ysland

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OK185 said:

In theory it should fit on the normal T7? The bike is basically the same at the rear.

Very interesting, not that I would actually need it. 😄

Yes they will. Just like camel adv tank fits no rocket science.

FYI this model is not road legal.

• Like 1

Header and ECU are nice option, might have been better option over the Rapid bike ECU

Suspension sounds interesting might see what prices are, the pre fitted damper is also nice touch

Ideal for tenere owners who didn't want the expense of a WR but cant over time pimp it out.

Great see Yam take off-roading options seriously and keep the catalogue of parts fresh. Also great see how they have not forgotten their older customers who bough a bike before these were available. 

Edited by john_aero
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, john_aero said:

Header and ECU are nice option, might have been better option over the Rapid bike ECU

Suspension sounds interesting might see what prices are, the pre fitted damper is also nice touch

Ideal for tenere owners who didn't want the expense of a WR but cant over time pimp it out.

Great see Yam take off-roading options seriously and keep the catalogue of parts fresh. Also great see how they have not forgotten their older customers who bough a bike before these were available. 

As far as I understand, some options might only work for World Raid models? At least the pics clearly show the World Raid, not sure if for example the steering damper will be backwards compatible.

1 hour ago, Tenerider said:

As far as I understand, some options might only work for World Raid models? At least the pics clearly show the World Raid, not sure if for example the steering damper will be backwards compatible.

I took the info from the advrider press release where they offer t700 standard upgraded parts

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ninot7 said:

Tubeless, more power(95-100), TC and CC, and itll sell even more! (World raid i mean)

Lets agree to disagree. The power is just on spot and the 9hp they added is perfect. I dont need TC and more power only to spin the tires and have the TC stop it anyways. Id rather full throttle and not have it spin and have no TC. 

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

On 11/8/2023 at 9:53 AM, ninot7 said:

Tubeless, more power(95-100), TC and CC, and itll sell even more! (World raid i mean)

Tubeless and 100hp  no tc or any other junk please 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ninot7 said:

Id settle for that 

Coming from a 990 all I miss that can't be fixed is the power 

• Like 1

Can’t see any availability on the website (not tried France yet) but the ecu is available at the Yamaha boat engine sites. 
I’ll probably still stick with the Rapidbike. If their intake is better that could be an option. With any other sports header it’ll make the same power anyway. There won’t be any extra magic with their ecu.