Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Domino XM2 - really short throttle !

SledgeS38

Hello everyone ! 

My bike is already in the garage because it's freezing cold outside ! I have some time this winter so i'm going to work on it and put some nice parts that i'm looking after for a while.

So my first goal is to find (for fun purpose only) the shortest throttle travel possible. To achieve this stupid goal, i bought the Domino XM2 (the kit with 3 cams) and Domino KRR. I thought one or the other would be compatible with the bike but unfortunately not. After a few researches, it seems that you should install the domino throttle cables compatible with the kit. XM2 cable with XM2 throttle and KRR cables with KRR throttle. You have cables for the MT-07 and other Yamaha models like R3/R7 etc.. After some mesurements, the shortest travel should be possible with the white cam of the XM2 throttle. 

This modification implies to modify the output of the throttle cables from the throttle (you have one upside and one downside instead of 2 going out same way) 

My question is ; Did you know if the throttle cables/throttle cables management on the T7 and on the MT 07 are the same ? Or should i go for the universal kit ? 

Thank you !

Domino parts link ;

MT07 XM2 throttle cables

XM2 Universal throttle cables