Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Dedicated Road Tyres for Tenere

Greedy Guido

Purchase a Yamaha Tenere 700 World Raid and have had it a few months.  Absolutely love the bike.

Received my new off road set of wheels this week and put on a set on GoldenTyres 823 for off road use (tubeless).

I want to put dedicated road tyres on the wheels that came with the bike for going to and from work that excel in the wet.  Queensland often gets afternoon storms so heading in during the morning it is blue skies but wet coming home.

Done a number of searches but can't seem to find anyone running road tyres, most appear to be running road orientated adventure tyres.

Was thinking the Michelin Commander II as they come in the sizes for the Tenere.

Anyone have other suggestions?

• Like 1

A lot of "adventure" tires are actually highly street-oriented.

Conti Trail Attack is for example explicitly developed for onroad use.

I bet you'll also find many options in the touring segment.

• Like 1

Tkc70 rocks is superb on wet roads, surprisingly good in snow too. 

Will also cover gravel roads and dry tracks well too

• Like 2

Did some research on the Continental Trail Attack 3 tyres.

They look like a really good tyre for road use and appear to handle wet conditions well.

Anyone used these and can confirm wet weather performance.

I currently love the Michelin Anakee Adventure tires.  Great on the road.  I'm keeping my eye on the new Michelin tire Anakee Road that is being released in January.  It's a more pure road tire for adventure bikes.

• Moderators

Moved from General Discussion. 

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

• 3 weeks later...

If money is NO object, I don't think that you could find a better dedicated street tire for the T7.   A friend of mine bought a low milage BMW GSA in Arizona and had these installed before he rode back to WA.  He just took these tires off last week with a touch over 10,000 miles and they still looked pretty damn good.   He has NO complaints other than, they don't look very aggressive.  

Free your desire with the new MICHELIN Anakee Adventure tire for your Trail motorcycle. Check out the nearest Michelin moto

• Like 1