Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Auxiliary Light Bar thread

prowlnS10

I used a Stedi ST3K 7.5" Slim LED Light Bar, that is popular in Australia, with 6 Osram Olson LEDs rated at 1,230 lumen configured as 2 floods at each end  + 2 spots in the middle that push the flood beams out at 50° and spot beams at 5.8° to 1 lux @ 269 meters (882') & wired it via one of the 2 the oem switched 3 wire, 10 amp auxiliary plugs with a Skene IQ275X controller (compatible with the T7 inverted high beam polarity/voltage drop circuit) that is always on with the oem low beams at programmable outputs from 10% to 100% & switches to 100% with the oem high beam switch (so no additional switches).  

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

Anyone have the Tourtech Light Bar? I see they offer a 14W, 8° light bar in the EU, but I couldn't find it listed on the US website.    I'm also interested feedback on the Kedo Light bar that's currently sold out.

New ideas for your motorbike: German company Touratech is home of high-quality innovative products for traveling, outdoor and sports activities with motorcycles.

Tenere 700 LED Lightbar

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Might have ordered the touratech one tonight while it was on my mind but delivery was stated as "the next three months"  just in time for summer lol

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, AZJW said:

Anyone have the Tourtech Light Bar? I see they offer a 14W, 8° light bar in the EU, but I couldn't find it listed on the US website.    I'm also interested feedback on the Kedo Light bar that's currently sold out.

We have the E<number> sign on lights and other components to make them street legal over here. In the US the E-sign is not accepted. Maybe that's why some components are sold only in Europe. (The Chinese don't care about anything and stamp whatever they or you need on their products)

7 hours ago, Ede-DE said:

We have the E<number> sign on lights and other components to make them street legal over here. In the US the E-sign is not accepted. Maybe that's why some components are sold only in Europe. (The Chinese don't care about anything and stamp whatever they or you need on their products)

Maybe, but I doubt it.

Here in the US you can buy pretty much anything for lights. It's up to the end user to determine legality for the intended use. Lots of folks are running dual sport kits that aren't DOT (US Road Regulator) approved on bikes used on the street. Some states inspect vehicles, but few look at bikes. I've had several that met the bare minimum of road legal; or less, without issue. Depends a lot on where you ride.

I'll propose that the lack of availability in the US has more to do with getting stock and the volume TT USA thinks they can move with yet another SKU.