Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

How to mount FuelFriend's to OEM pannier rack

Cub_S

Hi, you really came here:) It’s the better way to preserve content. 

Cheers

Martin

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Cub_S said:

Hello!

Some time ago, I tried to find an optimal solution to carry extra fuel on the inner side of Yamaha OEM pannier rack (some ideas are stated in this post: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Tenere700/permalink/814240525754362/). After studying many different solutions, I thought of Rotopax, but it was very hard to put this 1gal tank behind the OEM pannier rack without causing a risk of collision with the rear swingarm when it would be fully compressed. After hours of measurements, I’ve decided to create my DIY rack for 1.5 + 1.0 l FuelFriend tanks. 2.5 l litre should give ~ 50-60 km range to reach the petrol station when you drain your fuel tank to the last drop. It is mounted on 3 pannier rack bolts. The rack is made of aluminium and it weighs 378 g with straps, while the total weight (rack + straps + bolts + empty FuelFriends) amounts to 950 g. I am posting the photos for people who are looking for some similar solutions.

Regards, Jakub

3.jpg

4.jpg

przód2.jpg

tył1.jpg

Well done.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Cub_S said:

Hello!

Some time ago, I tried to find an optimal solution to carry extra fuel on the inner side of Yamaha OEM pannier rack (some ideas are stated in this post: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Tenere700/permalink/814240525754362/). After studying many different solutions, I thought of Rotopax, but it was very hard to put this 1gal tank behind the OEM pannier rack without causing a risk of collision with the rear swingarm when it would be fully compressed. After hours of measurements, I’ve decided to create my DIY rack for 1.5 + 1.0 l FuelFriend tanks. 2.5 l litre should give ~ 50-60 km range to reach the petrol station when you drain your fuel tank to the last drop. It is mounted on 3 pannier rack bolts. The rack is made of aluminium and it weighs 378 g with straps, while the total weight (rack + straps + bolts + empty FuelFriends) amounts to 950 g. I am posting the photos for people who are looking for some similar solutions.

Regards, Jakub

3.jpg

4.jpg

przód2.jpg

tył1.jpg

Thanks for the post, that is really nice work!

• Like 1

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

Yes, very nice work.  I also note that Outback Motortek claims that you can mount a 1 gallon Rotopax inside their pannier rack as well.  See the video at:  

Edited by Petebcca
typo....
  • Like 1

Thanks for all nice words guyes! 

On 3/10/2020 at 8:25 PM, bikeever said:

Hi, you really came here:) It’s the better way to preserve content. 

Cheers

Martin

Hi Martin, Many thanks for invitation ! 

On 3/11/2020 at 6:29 AM, Petebcca said:

Yes, very nice work.  I also note that Outback Motortek claims that you can mount a 1 gallon Rotopax inside their pannier rack as well.  See the video at:  

I saw these Pete, but Outback Moto trek give more space between the tail and the rack. OEM one is too close. 

Regards Kuba 

• Like 1

Thank you very much! I saved this, need to do the same. I hope I can find a way to make that aluminium rack.