Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Front brake calliper 'spacer' washers

Petefix

Hi all

I swapped out my front brake pads yesterday for the set of Galfers I bought from Camel - my 'upgrade package' consisted of The Fix/ rear Galfer pads / front Galfer pads.

I did the RH side first, & when I removed the calliper I was suprised when two washers (one on each mounting bolt) dropped out - the washers were installed between the caliper & the bracket, causing the calliper to sit closer to the centre line of the bike. I cleaned everything up, installed pads, & reassembled 'as found' & had a look - the calliper was dragging against the brake disc! Removed the 'spacer washers' & installed the calliper - now all ok. The LH side calliper did not have the washers fitted. 

No idea why someone fitted these washers - probably happened during a previous pad change. One of the joys of buying 2nd hand! 😅

It's a common problem with the floating right axle on the T7...the dealer likely added the washer during pdi...see my blog for full details

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, prowlnS10 said:

It's a common problem with the floating right axle on the T7...the dealer likely added the washer during pdi...see my blog for full details

Just read the whole blog post mate, great work!

• Like 1

Thanks for that - news to me! All good now on my bike - but something to be aware of 😀

• Like 1