Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

10-15ltr panniers

sunndog

Any suggestions folks, what are you using?

I like wolfman E12 panniers but I'm too cheap to import a new pair to the uk lol

Giant loop and kreiga both too dear and seem to make mounting hardware into a bigger deal than necessary.

Tusk traverse I think are in the lead so far failing finding a pair of wolfmans in the uk

I have the Tusk traverse but they are only around 8 litres each.  I use them to carry tubes, tools, pump etc.  

I wanted something on the bike all the time, but not too wide to hinder off road rides.

I had tried a giant loop Mojave but they are too narrow to sit correctly.

Also had Givi Canyon, GRT721 base with 10 and 20 litre dry bags and it was good but not perfect.  

Traverse is my favourite for a set of small bags.

Edited by williestreet

If I was in the UK I would have a look at the products from 21 brothers.

They have a product called the Pocket 2.0.  Available in 15 and 25 litre.

I really wanted to get them but the hassle and extra cost to get it shipped across the pond has kept me from ordering a pair.  They have a UK site.

Cheers buddy. I've looked at 21 brothers. Their "small pocket" is tempting.

Being in the uk doesn't help much I'd still get stung with import fees, VAT, handling fees and such theivery which puts me off.

Also I just think £200+ is too much for panniers. Never mind the likes of mosko moto

Anyway lol, I'm liking the idea of modding a pair of rucksack side pockets at about 12ltrs each 

Kriega OS 12

Serious 'adventure' motorcycle travel demands serious adventure luggage and the New KRIEGA OVERLANDER-SYSTEM (OS) sets a new standard. OS-12 ADVENTURE PACK is specifically designed for riding in the most...

Upper Horton.jpg

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

I have Turkana hippohips, but they are 2×30 liters. They have an other set, Madmuls, here you can choose 5, 10, 15 or 20 l as panniers. I really like their quality and system. Its made by worldtravellers, who put their experience in it.

With the ability to adjust the width and angle of the side panels, the MadMule™ can be adapted to your specific needs

I use the Kriega os base with 2 os 18's. I really like the fact I don't need pannier racks or a rear rack and can fit or remove the panniers and harness really easily. 

9498.jpg.987552764182ba8db604c70a483012f7.jpg6559.jpg.17a2eefec25cc352aebd247af90c44fc.jpg

The op is looking for something along the budget line in the uk

dont think you can get Nelson rigg here and that Kreiger set although nice is around£350

Yeah i dont want to spend hundreds on panniers. 

All i need is something to put a drybag in and it shouldnt cost that much, and i like a simple easthetic.
Plus most of the fancy gear is fussy with buckles and clips and molle, all apt to break snag and rip on rocks. 

Or make my own, below is just a mock up they look very neat and compact (I'd take the racks off) 20240210_085054.jpg.83719e7b179acf06a527f071ab379888.jpg20240210_085044.jpg.cfd37c273405368bcd08fbc9f4d6c463.jpg

If you want budget make a pair out of old 20 litre plastic jerry cans.

otherwise you get what you pay for.

1 hour ago, Rider 101 said:

If you want budget make a pair out of old 20 litre plastic jerry cans.

otherwise you get what you pay for.

Lol OK mate 

53 minutes ago, sunndog said:

Lol OK mate 

It's a hard choice to fork out good coin for a couple of glorified duffel bags.

I use the Kriega because they were on special when I bought them.

I am seriously considering these for a slightly planned extended trip through western NSW and Qld

$600 ( about £300 ) is a big ask. Plus add in the frames and the is not much change out of $1100.

A mate has them and rates them.

Buy ADVWORX™ Gen-2 | 20L | Trekk Saddlebags | Soft Panniers - Pair From Adventure Moto Australia, Get Flat Rate Shipping And Same Day Dispatch Australia Wide*️

Edited by Rider 101

Plus one on lomo. They do bike kit, but depending on what you’re after you can also use other items, like their paddle board bags etc. So cheap. Really waterproof. 
If they last a tenth of the time as the touratech etc bags ( not worth it) they’re already a bargain. Just get another set if they break or repair them.  
I’ve got a backpack, roll bag for my seat and a smaller one for other kit. I use kreiga OS18s on a lightweight bag frame for panniers. Great quality but steep. The large adventure set ups by the usual names are good but worth a quarter of their price. They will all break. 

Tusk Excursion @ 15L each.   I bought the Traverse a long time ago and never rode the bike even once with them.  Much too small for me.

image0.jpeg.2fa817ea43093b47b3cb86877949aa42.jpeg

I’m a big fan of the Mosko Moto Reckless 10L. Not bulky most of the time, but with the “beaver tail” part in the middle, you can easily strap down a 20L dry bag for larger trips. Kind of pricy but very nice fit on the T7.

IMG_2905.jpg

• Like 1

My big issue with the Mosco stuff is it so heavy even when empty compared to other options. If you want cheap just get a waterproof duffel that’s big enough and strap it over the seat. It will be pretty similar and save a couple hundred dollars. 
Think of a big duffle bag with nothing on the middle and all of its contents on the ends if thst makes sense. 

On 2/11/2024 at 9:24 AM, sunndog said:

Lol OK mate 

I also use these from Aldi. Of course from Oz not UK

I have 2 x 50litre and 2 of the smaller.

So far they haven't let me down.

Just check old photos; I have had them since 2014.

Don't know why link says access denied; seems to work.

Edited by Rider 101

23 hours ago, Dougie said:

Plus one on lomo. They do bike kit, but depending on what you’re after you can also use other items, like their paddle board bags etc. So cheap. Really waterproof. 
If they last a tenth of the time as the touratech etc bags ( not worth it) they’re already a bargain. Just get another set if they break or repair them.  
I’ve got a backpack, roll bag for my seat and a smaller one for other kit. I use kreiga OS18s on a lightweight bag frame for panniers. Great quality but steep. The large adventure set ups by the usual names are good but worth a quarter of their price. They will all break. 

I have the lomo ones on the crash bars ( about £40 I think) 5l each really handy and as said great value

• Like 1