Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

10-15ltr panniers

sunndog

23 hours ago, mpatch said:

My big issue with the Mosco stuff is it so heavy even when empty compared to other options. If you want cheap just get a waterproof duffel that’s big enough and strap it over the seat. It will be pretty similar and save a couple hundred dollars. 
Think of a big duffle bag with nothing on the middle and all of its contents on the ends if thst makes sense. 

That’s fair and weight is always worth considering; But 4.6lbs / 2kg doesn’t seem like a lot of weight, especially when the majority of it is carried low. I’m not sure how much lighter such a system can be. Even if you got the whole set up down to 2lbs/1kg it’s still just 2lbs/1kg lighter. It works well for me but if it’s not for you then of course get something else. Let everyone know what you did got with in the end.

On 2/12/2024 at 12:58 PM, john_aero said:

these look like a nice duffel bag style for you

Lista produktów kategorii Sakwy centralne

I'm personally not a big fan of duffel bags on the T7, an my concern is rideability and control, which in my opinion forces you to get the centre of gravity as low as possible.

That said, I can honestly say that RedMamut is good value for the money. I had the X-Duro bag for the Hard Alpi Tour and that was a good choice. Not to many fancy buckles, well made, sturdy, well attached with the few straps (4) and 100% waterproof (tested for you in the most extreme thunderstorm I ever saw and had to ride through on the French highway).

18 minutes ago, qInvention said:

I'm personally not a big fan of duffel bags on the T7, an my concern is rideability and control, which in my opinion forces you to get the centre of gravity as low as possible.

That said, I can honestly say that RedMamut is good value for the money. I had the X-Duro bag for the Hard Alpi Tour and that was a good choice. Not to many fancy buckles, well made, sturdy, well attached with the few straps (4) and 100% waterproof (tested for you in the most extreme thunderstorm I ever saw and had to ride through on the French highway).

Yes i would agree however as OP as for that style i said id link it

I plan buy the Red Mammut 36L  Duro bag also when have money