Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

High exhaust w/ Yoshimura tail tidy

zimm

I have the Yoshimura tail tidy and looking for compatible high exhaust. The only thing google shows is that that Huzar works. However with my huge size 12 boots, I'm worried my heels will melt on it.  Any others like Camel, Corsa, etc known to work?

IMG_3501.jpeg.e201be5456ae1552b30324b060ae6e44.jpeg

Hi Zimm, 

I have the yoshimura tail tidy and the Camel adv rally pipe with the scorpion header.  I like it the best out of all other setups I've seen. You may or may not have to use the camel blinker heat shield. 

Cheers, 

Budo

Will it work with the stock header? Not ready to de-cat or program the motor, I only have 150 miles on it!

I believe so. I have an aftermarket header, however no one can really change the dimensions of the OEM header because nothing could fit on it. If you take my meaning. 

Cheers, 

Budo

I have the CamelADV enduro bend and size 15 boots. After almost two years, my boots are fine.  This exhaust sounds great with the dB killer out, and is at least as quiet as the stock muffler with it in. 

The camel looks great but once the hanger is chopped off, no more going back to OEM.  No pannier options either, although I have no plans as of yet for those. 

If you save the piece of the hanger you cut off, it's easy to weld back on. 

I'm not sure why you would want to though, the CamelADV exhaust is excellent and much nicer than the stock one. 

I run Adventure Spec side racks with Kriega OS bags, and am quite happy with that setup. 

Edited by Hollybrook
  • Like 1

Cool, I just ordered up the Camel enduro bend exhaust.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/14/2024 at 9:46 AM, Hollybrook said:

If you save the piece of the hanger you cut off, it's easy to weld back on. 

I'm not sure why you would want to though, the CamelADV exhaust is excellent and much nicer than the stock one. 

I run Adventure Spec side racks with Kriega OS bags, and am quite happy with that setup. 

I'm following this discussion and wondering if with the Camel exhaust and adventure spec racks are you able to keep the passenger foot pegs on

8 minutes ago, Danno said:

I'm following this discussion and wondering if with the Camel exhaust and adventure spec racks are you able to keep the passenger foot pegs on

With the Enduro bend, you would have to fabricate a bracket to offset the right passenger peg to clear the exhaust. 

• Moderators
On 3/14/2024 at 4:50 AM, zimm said:

The camel looks great but once the hanger is chopped off, no more going back to OEM.  No pannier options either, although I have no plans as of yet for those. 

Sorry, not correct regarding "No pannier options" statement, wondering where you read that?   Their webpage shows many compatible pannier setups and I personally used the Tusk Large hard panniers with the Rally bend pipe with no issues. Also, to answer your second post, yes the Camel Rally pipe uses the stock head pipe and cat.

https://camel-adv.com/collections/yamaha-700-tenere-t7-parts-and-accessories/products/yamaha-700-tenere-t7-high-mount-exhaust-kit

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, Danno said:

Yes, the Rally exhaust works with Adventure Spec side racks and still retain the passenger pegs.   You'll probably need spacers to shim out the side racks a bit, but easily done with longer bolts and aluminum spacers.

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS