Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

High Exhaust w/ Gen 1 OM Pannier + OEM Tail

Invicta084

Hey all,

I have been looking to add a high exhaust to my bike, I have looked at the Camel, MIVV, HPCore, and Huzar, all seem to be incompatible with panniers and the OEM tail.  Does anyone know of  a high exhaust that  will work with the gen 1 outback motortek pannier rack and the OEM tail. Not opposed to replacing the tail if that is the issue.

Thanks!

The standard tail has two qualities that matter to me: it keeps the mud off my back, and it protects all the wiring. I will mount the HP Corse (if it ever gets here) and I plan to move my turn signals up to the tail light. That was demonstrated on this forum, but I can't find the post now. You can see how it would work:

image.png.d7fca6a557180f7932aa50f15efdda0d.pngimage.png.2a48790aae9cd3d551f06b21c3faace6.png

That is a good idea, do you happen to have a pannier rack as well? Would love to know of a high exhaust that works with the panniers.

The Mivv, the Huzar, and the HP Corse all tuck inside the bracket that holds the stock exhaust. The biggest issue I’m aware of with fitting pannier racks is all the wasted space of racks sticking out far enough to clear the standard pipe. 

• Like 2

I'm just fitting the high HP Corse SP1 exhaust and was looking at the Kriega OS36 set up for soft panniers.  Has anyone tried that and how does it work with the high exhaust, any heat issues with the harness or panniers?

I will be fitting a tusk soft rackless system around my hpcorse enduro bend exhaust or at least attmpting to in the next couple weeks. Bought it used off marketplace and just need to meet up to get it. 

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up getting a Huzar high exhaust, from the trial fitting, it seems like it will work without issues with my Outback Motortek Panniers. The can is close to the stock tail lights, but the outlet on the 50cm exhaust seems to clear just fine. Just need to cut the piece to fit it to the inner frame, which kills me, but it is what it is.