Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Soft seat mod.

Moto X

Old school motocross guy here, got tired of sitting on a 2x4. I used to do this mod to my dirt bikes especially when I switched to KTM with there rock hard foam, plus I’m a cheapskate and don’t like spending money if I don’t have to.  

Take a 1/2 piece of copper pipe, sharpen the inside and out edge with a round file then twist it into the seat foam and pull out the plug. I should prob draw a grid on foam but just do it free hand.  The holes let the foam collapse more making the seat softer. It ain’t rocket science but it works for me.  Used a pneumatic air stapler and put the cover on myself.  

IMG_5957.jpeg

IMG_5955.jpeg

IMG_5958.jpeg

• Like 5

If you don't like your seat sounds like a good idea if your going to buy a new seat anyway. If you like it you can spend that money on tires.

There should be a DIY section. 

Might give this a try! I have a low seat , and don’t want to buy an aftermarket seat because a) $800 on a seat is a hard pill to swallow, and b) sounds like the after market “low” seats aren’t actually any lower 

since I have 2 seats now this would be worth a try