Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Close-Fitting Hand Guards

Ryan

Hi folks!  I’m just wondering if anyone out there in Tenere land knows which hand guard sets sit closest to the bar.  The reason I ask is that I recently installed the Twalcom dash mod (mounts the instrument cluster and GPS/phone side-by-side), and I’m looking for the lowest-profile quality hand guards that give the most clearance between the hand guards and the dash when the bar is swung full lock.  Any ideas?

Unfortunately I don’t have any pictures with swung full lock available but maybe it will give you an idea about the bracket position and approximate dimensions with just these pictures:

Acerbis Endurance X:

DF602301-F20E-42A0-9CCD-7A545A249A62.png.d5d2f700684dab33c49b08123c42825c.png

92DB240D-41F4-4C76-8BE2-EAB68AAE4DB8.jpeg.894c5e92db52e5318bf7e1012fc23631.jpeg

D6C49332-AF07-4D07-8163-F7AAEF3501DD.jpeg.26f94b4a01a27668bf41154c99dfc2f6.jpeg

If you look closely at the 2nd picture, you’ll see a small round spacer in between the bracket and the guard-rail. You could potentially leave this spacer out and save one more centimeter I guess. Fitment will get slightly worse without the spacer possibly.

I’ve got the Motology setup which is slightly different to yours but I found my barkbusters were too close for comfort to my dash. I installed some 25mm bar riser spacers and now have plenty of clearance. Might help your situation 🤷🏻‍♂️

The HDB guards currently on my T7 are much further from the grips than the Barkbusters installed prior if that helps.

Acerbis X-Factors (they come with the same black aluminium bars as most Acerbis guards) did hit my standard dash, since I've flipped my bar risers. I had to grind off the ends a bit.