Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

KKE Wheels

SXXP

Shipping Time: Within 3-4 Weeks Ship From California Warehouse!   Fitment: Compatible with Yamaha Tenere 700 WHEELS ARE COMPATIBLE WITH OEM DISC AND SPROCKET    ...

Thoughts on this wheel set for off-road use welcomed.  The rim sizes seem on the small size for the bikes weight.

• Moderators

@SXXP Doing a quick search under Tires and Wheels, brought up this thread, but there's more info in that forum.

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

I use the same rim dimensions for my off road setup. Been on it for the last 2 years. Have a Dunlop D606 on the rear, 120 width. 90/90-21 in the front. Much better for pure off road use than the wider stock sizes intended for use on the wide rims. I also use the Tubliss setup front and rear off road. 

Yes, I do switch wheel sets for mostly pavement trips to a 19 inch front, 17 inch rear setup. 

4 minutes ago, sshat said:

I use the same rim dimensions for my off road setup. Been on it for the last 2 years. Have a Dunlop D606 on the rear, 120 width. 90/90-21 in the front. Much better for pure off road use than the wider stock sizes intended for use on the wide rims. I also use the Tubliss setup front and rear off road. 

Yes, I do switch wheel sets for mostly pavement trips to a 19 inch front, 17 inch rear setup. 

Exactly what I need as looking for.  Thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sshat said:

What wheels are you using for your off-road set?

Front- Excel Takasago 21x1.6

Rear-  Excel Takasago 18x2.5

Haan hubs

It's the Woody's Wheel Works setup. Didn't pay full price as I opted to lace and true the wheels myself.  Still cost way may than the KKE setup. 

If you are considering using the Tubliss system, you will need the wider rim lock for the rear wheel, available from Et-racing.com (Rim lock for 2.5 inch rim).

Posted (edited)

What tire pressure do you run with the Tubliss system on the Tenere?   

I run Tubliss on my WR450 and run 6 psi rear and 12-13 psi front.  I'm thinking that would be way low with the heft of the Tenere.

Thanks for the tip on the rim locks.  Does the front use the standard size for a 21" rim? 

Also, did you bother adding the ABS "rings" to the wheels as you are using this set up for off-road use?  If not, does the bike complain with CEL lights etc.?  Aren't the rings also used for speed/distance (odometer) calculations?  Do you lose this functionality?

Edited by SXXP

I emailed KKE and expressed the need for them to make a set of tubeless wheels.  I noticed they have a set of tubeless wheels for the Africa twin and a set of replacement wheels for a BMW GS.   I told them that if they were to make a set of tubeless wheels for the T7 they would be well received.  

KKE response basically said,  We will probably be coming out with tubeless wheels for the T7 fairly soon.  

Edited by Redneckj