Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum
Camel ADV

T7 Anti-Bobble-Head

Camel ADV

The first thing we noticed when I rode the T7 is that the gauge cluster looked like it wasn't even bolted to the bike. Did someone on the assembly line forget some fasteners? Why is the cluster trying to jump off?! Why does the headlight look like a strobe light at night when traveling down a rough road? Great news, they don't need to do that. 

I designed a stabilizer rod kit called the "Anti-Bobble-Head" (ABH). It ties the 4 rubber mounted gauge cluster/headlight locations together with the GPS mount bar. This stabilizes the gauges, headlight and the GPS mount. Even over very rough terrain, the gauges stay where they should and the headlight is no longer bouncing all over the place. The ABH rods are TIG welded 304 stainless that powdercoated. Install is straightforward (an assistant with small hands will be helpful).

https://camel-adv.com/collections/yamaha/products/yamaha-tenere-abh

IMG_3902.jpeg

IMG_3901.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

Great Escape

Looks like a good solution...the dash wobble doesn't bother me  but the headlights moving is not good.  Cheers,  Steve 

• Like 1

MGG

I like that bracket ... I saw a few videos with crazy headlights that makes you want to put a flashlight on the helmet ... 🤣

On a side note ... wasn't the motorcycle headlight vibration on purpose? ... I think they had flashing headlights a long time ago and since they had to remove that feature they mounted the headlight on rubber mount points to get the same effect ... kind of. ... (maybe my memory is all mixed up) ... or maybe it was to remove all the vibrations so the bulb filament would work long enough to get home ... 

Lupan

Hello, do you send it to Portugal? Or i must buy it in Spain? If u send how much is the shippment? Thanks

Camel ADV
16 hours ago, Lupan said:

Hello, do you send it to Portugal? Or i must buy it in Spain? If u send how much is the shippment? Thanks

Yes, we ship to Portugal. You'll have to add the product to your cart and enter your shipping address to get an accurate shipping quote. 

• Thanks 1

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

Cruizin

Just ordered one ! Pretty sure @PNWTEN just ordered every damn thing you build for this bike! 

Im laid off work right now, will be coming back for the skidplate and High fender kit when I'm back to work. 

• Like 3

MGG

Bought one ... I think I have too much time on my hands ... and still no T7 at home.

This looks like a well thought out product.

Maybe this can serve as a base to move the instrument cluster to one side so I can have a GPS/phone next to it.

• Like 2

X Plane
4 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

Got my Bobble head kit today. All I need now is my damn bike !

Thanks @Camel ADV !!

IMG_20200529_153306.jpg

Oh, there is 2! 1 each side! Only saw 1 on one side in photos.  Wondered.

Cruizin
4 minutes ago, X Plane said:

Oh, there is 2! 1 each side! Only saw 1 on one side in photos.  Wondered.

They replace the two plastic junky stock rods that cause the speedo and headlight to bounce all over the place. Surprised that Yamaha let them out like that. 

Whitey66
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Cruizin said:

They replace the two plastic junky stock rods that cause the speedo and headlight to bounce all over the place. Surprised that Yamaha let them out like that. 

Don't they just supplement the original brackets? Nothing is replaced right?

I think it would also be a good idea to add a small amount of loctite 243 to all threads before re-assembly, but be careful not to get any on anything plastic as it can do terrible things to certain plastics 👍

Edited by Whitey66

Cruizin
3 minutes ago, Whitey66 said:

Don't they just supplement the original brackets? Nothing is replaced right?

oops, yeah your right.