Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

T7 Anti-Bobble-Head

Camel ADV

• Supporting Vendor

The first thing we noticed when I rode the T7 is that the gauge cluster looked like it wasn't even bolted to the bike. Did someone on the assembly line forget some fasteners? Why is the cluster trying to jump off?! Why does the headlight look like a strobe light at night when traveling down a rough road? Great news, they don't need to do that. 

I designed a stabilizer rod kit called the "Anti-Bobble-Head" (ABH). It ties the 4 rubber mounted gauge cluster/headlight locations together with the GPS mount bar. This stabilizes the gauges, headlight and the GPS mount. Even over very rough terrain, the gauges stay where they should and the headlight is no longer bouncing all over the place. The ABH rods are TIG welded 304 stainless that powdercoated. Install is straightforward (an assistant with small hands will be helpful).

https://camel-adv.com/collections/yamaha/products/yamaha-tenere-abh

IMG_3902.jpeg

IMG_3901.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

Looks like a good solution...the dash wobble doesn't bother me  but the headlights moving is not good.  Cheers,  Steve 

• Like 1

I like that bracket ... I saw a few videos with crazy headlights that makes you want to put a flashlight on the helmet ... 🤣

On a side note ... wasn't the motorcycle headlight vibration on purpose? ... I think they had flashing headlights a long time ago and since they had to remove that feature they mounted the headlight on rubber mount points to get the same effect ... kind of. ... (maybe my memory is all mixed up) ... or maybe it was to remove all the vibrations so the bulb filament would work long enough to get home ... 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, do you send it to Portugal? Or i must buy it in Spain? If u send how much is the shippment? Thanks

• Supporting Vendor
16 hours ago, Lupan said:

Hello, do you send it to Portugal? Or i must buy it in Spain? If u send how much is the shippment? Thanks

Yes, we ship to Portugal. You'll have to add the product to your cart and enter your shipping address to get an accurate shipping quote. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Bought one ... I think I have too much time on my hands ... and still no T7 at home.

This looks like a well thought out product.

Maybe this can serve as a base to move the instrument cluster to one side so I can have a GPS/phone next to it.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

Got my Bobble head kit today. All I need now is my damn bike !

Thanks @Camel ADV !!

IMG_20200529_153306.jpg

Oh, there is 2! 1 each side! Only saw 1 on one side in photos.  Wondered.

4 minutes ago, X Plane said:

Oh, there is 2! 1 each side! Only saw 1 on one side in photos.  Wondered.

They replace the two plastic junky stock rods that cause the speedo and headlight to bounce all over the place. Surprised that Yamaha let them out like that. 

1 hour ago, Cruizin said:

They replace the two plastic junky stock rods that cause the speedo and headlight to bounce all over the place. Surprised that Yamaha let them out like that. 

Don't they just supplement the original brackets? Nothing is replaced right?

I think it would also be a good idea to add a small amount of loctite 243 to all threads before re-assembly, but be careful not to get any on anything plastic as it can do terrible things to certain plastics 👍

Edited by Whitey66

• 2 weeks later...

I have this on my shelf waiting for the bike. 

• Like 1

Just installed it before the long ride, and can't believe how better this is. Instrument cluster is much more readable and the front light is finally stable. 

This was an very easy install ... I had to use a  hex head and a 1/4 spanner, ... worked well ... one hand underneath one over top, ... I am glad I got it.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2020 at 4:00 PM, Camel ADV said:

Yes, we ship to Portugal. You'll have to add the product to your cart and enter your shipping address to get an accurate shipping quote. 

The shippment is 36.90$ is it possible to choose another way of shipping less expensive?

Thanks 

This should be standard equipment for 100% of these bikes! Absolutely incredible the difference it makes. Took  me all of 15min to install while chatting with a friend who stopped by to see this new bike in person. Wonderfully simple and you don't even notice the rods if you aren't specifically focused on them.

Well done Cory, keep it up!!!

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
12 hours ago, Lupan said:

The shippment is 36.90$ is it possible to choose another way of shipping less expensive?

Thanks 

The direct shipping costs are what is displayed on the website when you enter your address. Shipping is not marked up so there is no room to negotiate prices. You live on the other side of the world, shipping is expensive, not much can be done about that unfortunately. We have several dealers in the EU, perhaps on of them can help you out.

https://camel-adv.com/pages/where-to-buy

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sbeck09 said:

This should be standard equipment for 100% of these bikes! Absolutely incredible the difference it makes. Took  me all of 15min to install while chatting with a friend who stopped by to see this new bike in person. Wonderfully simple and you don't even notice the rods if you aren't specifically focused on them.

Well done Cory, keep it up!!!

I completely agree. 

I used the Stabilizer rod to zip tie my gps power cord to. Looks like factory when all installed. 👍🏻👍🏻

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Is the rod going all the way up to the GPS rail necessary (Did you try a version without?) On my bike it looks like the flex is just between the top and bottom. Great product by the way!

Yes take the rail out which is easy and slide along. Its a good firm fit and bolts with 2 bolts ti the existing bracket

• Supporting Vendor
18 hours ago, jammers said:

Is the rod going all the way up to the GPS rail necessary (Did you try a version without?) On my bike it looks like the flex is just between the top and bottom. Great product by the way!

The top and bottom of the headlight assembly are already one piece so there's very little flex there. Tying those points together without bracing it to an additional spot wouldn't accomplish much. By attaching to the GPS bar, the gauges, headlight AND the GPS mount are all firmed up.

• Like 1

I just rode mine tonight for the 1st time with this device installed.  It did the trick! Big time! The movement was terrible without it. I can’t believe the difference. 

• Like 1