Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

T7 Anti-Bobble-Head

Camel ADV

• Supporting Vendor

Swanky Cat just posted a comparison video on YouTube of the dash movement and headlight shake before and after the Anti-Bobble-Head install. Give it a watch if you're curious about the difference.

• Like 3

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

• 4 weeks later...

just got notification from UPS that there is a package from Camel ADV arriving tomorrow.

Excitement level?  SUPER HIGH!!!!

We All Have That One Friend Who Is Like Buddy The Elf... | Buddy the elf,  The elf, Excited face

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

according to ups?  its on my front porch!!!
image.png.ca0856c2a3278f76800b5869dab71b59.png
OH OH I'm so happy  (insert vintage SNL reference)

Edited by cstatman
  • Haha 1

I snapped up a bunch of picz last night, but have not had dime to do anything with them

the Camel Anti Bobblehead is brilliant.  Well designed, well built.

of course I couldn't just install it,  I disassembled and cleaned up wiring to GPS, re-some bits and pieces, and cleaned up some.

the Camel Footpegs?   they have the boot chewing spikey bits I like, they are a large, solid platform    
I'm not sure if I want them to be a bit longer,  but I like them so far,   need to put a few hundred miles on them - but the build quality is superb. Cory and team even sent new cotter pins, so i didn't cheap out and re-use the old ones.

tonight - I may tackle the tail tidy.  or not -- not sure yet

My happiness was justified,  great products, well designed, well made.

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
48 minutes ago, cstatman said:

I snapped up a bunch of picz last night, but have not had dime to do anything with them

the Camel Anti Bobblehead is brilliant.  Well designed, well built.

of course I couldn't just install it,  I disassembled and cleaned up wiring to GPS, re-some bits and pieces, and cleaned up some.

the Camel Footpegs?   they have the boot chewing spikey bits I like, they are a large, solid platform    
I'm not sure if I want them to be a bit longer,  but I like them so far,   need to put a few hundred miles on them - but the build quality is superb. Cory and team even sent new cotter pins, so i didn't cheap out and re-use the old ones.

tonight - I may tackle the tail tidy.  or not -- not sure yet

My happiness was justified,  great products, well designed, well made.

I'm glad you got the parts are are happy with your purchase!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporting Vendor
1 hour ago, Insane rider said:

Any chance you put this product back in stock Cory?

Mid-January unfortunately. It's killing me to not have them in stock 😞

• Like 1

That's okay...I want some but mid-January gives my wheezing bank account some time to recover! 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Camel ADV said:

Mid-January unfortunately. It's killing me to not have them in stock 😞

Thanks for the info

It’s winter here anyways hehe

• Like 1

Just installed mine ( along with the Tail Tidy). I really appreciate that it was hand made! It was dark when I rode my bike home from the dealer and noticed the headlight bouncing. This definitely firmed it up!! Thanks for the great product! Tail Tidy looks awesome, as well!

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
2 hours ago, Tentura said:

Just installed mine ( along with the Tail Tidy). I really appreciate that it was hand made! It was dark when I rode my bike home from the dealer and noticed the headlight bouncing. This definitely firmed it up!! Thanks for the great product! Tail Tidy looks awesome, as well!

I'm glad you're happy with your purchases 😉

14 hours ago, HoboHighlander said:

bank account some time to recover! 🤣

Dat's some TRUTH right there!   🙂

I've been debating getting one. I'm kinda on the fence of maybe they designed it this way for a reason but I haven't heard any issues from owners with the anti bobble head. Either way them not being in stock right now is good for my savings account. 

22 minutes ago, Xtina said:

..debating .... on the fence

there is no debate, c'mon down off the fence.   the Camel ADV unit is fantastic, truly makes a HUGE difference in the pleasure of riding the T7, vs shaking your head all up and down, wondering what speed as you try to focus

I can and will highly recommend the Anti Bobble as money well spent.

Plus?  He is out till January - so save some dollars, and buy then.

8 hours ago, cstatman said:

I've never noticed any shaking while riding. Unless someone said something I doubt I would have noticed. Never really looking at the dash because a) the speedo is wrong and b) my area is like playing frogger for bikes. Eyes are always on the road. That said I've somehow never ridden it at night yet I just realized. Maybe I'd notice the bobble then. 

If you haven't noticed any shaking while riding, you need to get your vision checked and I'm not sure if it's safe for you to be operating a motor vehicle...

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Xtina said:

I've never noticed any shaking while riding. Unless someone said something I doubt I would have noticed. Never really looking at the dash because a) the speedo is wrong and b) my area is like playing frogger for bikes. Eyes are always on the road. That said I've somehow never ridden it at night yet I just realized. Maybe I'd notice the bobble then. 

I was the same way, my dash actually did not move enough to bother me. My headlight on the other hand bounced all over. The anti bobblehead fixed that.

Mike

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HoboHighlander said:

If you haven't noticed any shaking while riding, you need to get your vision checked and I'm not sure if it's safe for you to be operating a motor vehicle...

I'm not looking at it constantly. I'm looking at the road...

1 hour ago, Xtina said:

I'm not looking at it constantly. I'm looking at the road...

I guess I’m another one that shouldn’t be operating a motor vehicle as I’ve never noticed any shaking .

The last 6 weeks I've mainly been on pavement, piling up miles before the snow flies. I got to 1000 miles on Saturday and did an oil change and installed the Gut Guard. Tonight I took a short ride on some washboardy gravel and really noticed the bobbling. Just finished installing the Anti Bobble head bars, and now I'm all set.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporting Vendor

Finally, we're working on Anti-Bobble-Head kits again! The collars that attach to the bikes GPS cross bar were out of stock for over 2 months but we finally got our order in...full speed ahead!

My ace welder Matt will be putting several solid days in of nothing but ABH kits so we can get caught up. The kits are available for order on the website with shipping expected for Monday January 18th (as soon as they are back from powdercoat).

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0003 2.JPG

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

just fitted my kit bought it off rugged roads. best mod for money i can now read my dash ,satnav and the lights stay smoothly on the road

• Like 1