Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tool tube on Adventurespec side rack

Louis

4 hours ago, ScorpionT16 said:

Where did you get those loop/hooks on they rack screws? They look very handy! 

EBay, this is an Australian link. I was using these prior to getting the rear racks, so I decided to keep them as an additional tie down points. Could be handy lower down point strap if removal of the passengers footpegs. They're cheap! But solid. 

s-l400.jpg

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 2pcs Tie Down Point Strap Loop Anchor Hook Van Trailer UTE Truck...

• Like 1

Not having ever changed a motorcycle tire myself, how well do those rim protectors work versus the Motion Pro ones?

3 minutes ago, Toei said:

Not having ever changed a motorcycle tire myself, how well do those rim protectors work versus the Motion Pro ones?

Look them up on YouTube video is worth a thousand words. The rim protector is placed on the edges of the rim, to protect the edges as the type iron levers the type bead over. 

9 minutes ago, Louis said:

Look them up on YouTube video is worth a thousand words. The rim protector is placed on the edges of the rim, to protect the edges as the type iron levers the type bead over. 

Right, was just wondering if experienced members generally prefer the more traditional ones shown in this thread, or the Motion Pro ones.   

16 minutes ago, Toei said:

Right, was just wondering if experienced members generally prefer the more traditional ones shown in this thread, or the Motion Pro ones.   

Sorry, I didn't understand what you were asking. The motion pro are good for the trail as they are lightweight aluminium and have a bead breaker function. Longer steel spools give you more leverage for tyre removal but are heavier and don't pack so good. 

• Like 1