Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Centerstand for Tenere 700

Cruizin

Im looking at this from SW-Mototech from my friends at Twisted Throttle.  Anyone try it yet? 

Provide solid support for your Yamaha Tenere 700 when you need it with an SW-MOTECH Centerstand. Available now at Twisted Throttle!

hps.06.799.10000_1.jpg

Yes, I have found it well made and fitted well.  Easy-to-use Good option. I haven't tried it off road yet, mainly due to travel restrictions. 

• Like 1

Fitted one, easy to do and the bike lifts pretty easily. Forgot to weigh it before fitting it (somebody might have done) but my guess is it's around 4 kg, if that's important. Everything lined up and the fitting kit has everything you need. Pretty good piece of kit.

4 hours ago, Gazc said:

Fitted one, easy to do and the bike lifts pretty easily. Forgot to weigh it before fitting it (somebody might have done) but my guess is it's around 4 kg, if that's important. Everything lined up and the fitting kit has everything you need. Pretty good piece of kit.

How is it offroad? Any chance of it coming down over bumps/jumps? I have never had a bike with a center stand before.

I have it and can agree with all that's said above. Easy installation, perfect fitment, easy handling, didn't weigh it either.

I've done some light offroading yesterday and couldn't notice any "adverse effects". Never felt or heard it was touching the ground. As far as I can tell it never began to swing too much.

Just returned from a 200km ride on mostly dirt road light to medium conditions NO BANGING, or anything that I noticed when hitting potholes, washouts and the like!

Just to clear up travel restrictions aren't draconian here because of the virus. 13 days with NO NEW cases over. The signs are favorable.

• Like 1

i fitted a hepco & becker mainstand. slightly different design but most stands are a very similar . not difficult to fit and very robust.

• Premium Member

If anyone is interested in Yamaha OEM center stand, let me now! It's slighly used but in very good condition!

• 2 months later...

Fitted the sw motech center stand today

pretty easy and straightforward 

just to let you know that it work with the 20mm lower link

not so tough to get the bike on 

• Like 1

Does anyone have an SW Motech centre stand with the Outback Motortech skid plate?

Want to make sure they are compatible.

Somehow I missed this. I have had the SW Motec stand since the 2nd week of ownership. It is a really easy item to install and works super well. Unfortunately it does weigh 10.4lbs and even with the spring as tight as it goes the stand flops down over even small jumps. I tie a small bungee around the leg and through the loop behind the left passenger peg. You can pull the main stand with 2 bolts in about 2 minutes and that alone removes 7lbs if you want it on for only longer trips.

I have fit mine with the stock skid plate and the ACD racing guard. Looking at everything, I believe it will clear most any skid plate option that doesn't come super close to the footpegs.

I'm still undecided if I want to keep mine on. They do come in handy, but I rarely use it at all.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I'm waiting, and hoping for an aluminium or titanium version of the stand, something in the 1-2kg weight category.  
Maybe, if nothing comes out in the next year, I'll venture into making my own (ie copying an existing design 😉 hehehe but in Ti or Al) 

Or, alternatively, if a good way to use racing stands comes up, something that does not interfere with pulling the wheels off, I'll just stick with that.  I have a set of PitBull stands, just need a way to use em on the swingarm....  I wish the oem swingarm had bolt holes for a set of spools. 

Tazmool 

1 hour ago, Tazmool said:

Or, alternatively, if a good way to use racing stands comes up, something that does not interfere with pulling the wheels off, I'll just stick with that.  I have a set of PitBull stands, just need a way to use em on the swingarm....  I wish the oem swingarm had bolt holes for a set of spools. 

Tazmool 

R&G has as set of rear spools "R&G Offset Cotton Reel Swingarm Spools for KTM 790 Adventure '19 & Yamaha Tenere 700 '21"

I’ve had mine on for a month now and haven’t had any issues with it flipping around over ruts or deeper potholes. Springs hold it up very well for me. 👍🏻

The weight really shouldn’t be an issue since it’s mounted so low under the engine.. even if lifting the bike after a fall. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

So I ordered the SW-Motech center stand last week and it arrived today.  As I was waiting for this to be delivered I was looking at the AltRider website and noticed they are developing a center stand for the T7 with a claimed weight of 5.7lbs.

AltRider Aluminum Center Stand for the Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2.6Kg / 5.7lbs total weight (OEM weighs 11lbs, competition weighs 8-10lbs) Robust design manufactured from 6061 Aluminum struts Increases parking...

Is 4-5lbs of weight savings worth an extra $50 and having to wait a month or two until it's available?  I feel like I've turned into a a weight weenie.  Also, I've spent way more time trying to decide on parts than actual seat time riding the thing.   Faaack!