Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

My Tenere 700 parts wish list

Cruizin

This is a work in progress. Will update as I go. 

Camel ADV Anti Bobble head kit

IMG_3902_medium.jpg?v=1584774136

NOW SHIPPING! The first thing we noticed when we rode the new 700 Tenere is that the gauge cluster looked like it wasn't even bolted to the bike. Did someone on the assembly line forget some fasteners? The T7 is a great bike... why is the cluster trying to jump off?! Why does the headlight look like a strobe light at night when traveling...

Camel ADV Front high fender kit

IMG_3757_medium.jpg?v=1584468365

Now in stock and shipping!PLEASE WATCH THE PRODUCT INTRO VIDEO AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE BEFORE ORDERING!*Kits are currently discounted to $179 due to upside-down text on the fender bracket, see intro video for full details* Some people love the look of the factory low fender on the Yamaha 700 Tenere, not us, we much...

SW Mototech Upper Crash Bars

This durable, steel crafted SW-MOTECH Upper Crash Bars Engine Guard protects the tank, fairing and radiator of your Tenere 700 from damage caused by either debris on the road or a crash. Shop now!

SW-MOTECH ADVENTURE-RACK

Get a stable, flexible platform for your top case or soft luggage with the SW-MOTECH ADVENTURE-RACK for the Yamaha Tenere 700. Shop Twisted Throttle today.

SW Mototech Centerstand

Provide solid support for your Yamaha Tenere 700 when you need it with an SW-MOTECH Centerstand. Available now at Twisted Throttle!

TIRES?   Trying to narrow this down. 

Dunlop D606 

Motoz TRACTIONATOR ADVENTURE

• Like 1

I would check out if the upper crash bars work with the high fender.....?

Cant make my mind up on tires.  Im more of a 40/60% street/dirt rider. 80's 

TKC 80's look decent, but $220 for a rear freaking tire? 

Continental_Twinduro_TKC80_Dual_Sport_Ti

Bring out your inner dirt bike with the TKC80. Tall block-pattern knobs excel off-road while a street-tire profile still maintains tarmac traction.

I hear really good things about the Mitas E-07 tires. The price is right!

mitas_e07_tires_front.jpg

The Mitas E-07 offers the extended wear and durability needed for those long cross country trips as well as backwoods adventures.

No unicorn tyre available! It's all  a comprise, depending on the type of road and conditions you're likely to encounter. If you're likely to see a lot of mud and soft sand then TKC's for sure. Problem is that with long highway miles  there worn out when you see the dirt.

For myself a when tyres wear out, Mitas for the rear, the standard Pirelli just has an annoying whine on the highway. For me the jury is still out on the standard Pirelli front, I have not had enough variety of riding different conditions. But Shinko 804-805 series for the front is always a good set up for adventure riding. That's with luggage! 

It all depends on how you ride, where and conditions you're LIKELY to encounter. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Louis said:

No unicorn tyre available! It's all  a comprise, depending on the type of road and conditions you're likely to encounter. If you're likely to see a lot of mud and soft sand then TKC's for sure. Problem is that with long highway miles  there worn out when you see the dirt.

For myself a when tyres wear out, Mitas for the rear, the standard Pirelli just has an annoying whine on the highway. For me the jury is still out on the standard Pirelli front, I have not had enough variety of riding different conditions. But Shinko 804-805 series for the front is always a good set up for adventure riding. That's with luggage! 

It all depends on how you ride, where and conditions you're LIKELY to encounter. 

I might just go with my old trusty Dunlop D606 tires. Yes, I will have t change them every 2-3000 miles. But Im a dirtbiker so im used to that. I like the performance offroad, even though they are kind of sketchy in the corners on pavement.

dunlop_d606_dual_sport_tires.jpg

Dunlop designed the D606 tire to be street-legal but with an emphasis on aggressive off-road riding and great durability.  The aggressive tread patter…

I forgot to mention, Motoz adventure tyres have some good  reviews and may well be the best for. I personally have not tried them. We have amazing twisty hills roads over here so I love tyres that work good in this. So my comprise is something different than others. Being an older rider I'm not looking for crazy technical off road rides. But in Australia the conditions have a way of changing very quickly though. I can vouch for this.!

5 minutes ago, Louis said:

I forgot to mention, Motoz adventure tyres have some good  reviews and may well be the best for. I personally have not tried them. We have amazing twisty hills roads over here so I love tyres that work good in this. So my comprise is something different than others. Being an older rider I'm not looking for crazy technical off road rides. But in Australia the conditions have a way of changing very quickly though. I can vouch for this.!

Im 54 but feeling older

60 in few weeks. You're only as old as the women you feel.!😁

• Like 1

Lets move on to levers. The MT07 levers fit the Tenere 700 perfectly. 

ASV C5 Levers have a lifetime guarantee not to break. I put them on all of my bikes, love em.  Fully adjustable, pivot out of the way and snaps right back instantly. Once you ride with these, you won't ride with any others ever again. 

ASV C5 Clutch lever

asvc5_sport_clutch_lever_aprilia_honda_s

All ASV Clutch Levers feature a CNC-machined 6061 billet aluminum construction with a unique design that allows the lever to pivot forward and out of …

ASV C5 Brake lever

asvc5_sport_brake_lever_aprilia_honda_ka

All ASV Brake Levers feature a CNC-machined 6061 billet aluminum construction with a unique design that allows the lever to pivot forward and out of h…

And yes, I know you Aussie guys will say that these are too expensive. 

6 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

Lets move on to levers. The MT07 levers fit the Tenere 700 perfectly. 

ASV C5 Levers have a lifetime guarantee not to break. I put them on all of my bikes, love em.  Fully adjustable, pivot out of the way and snaps right back instantly. Once you ride with these, you won't ride with any others ever again. 

ASV C5 Clutch lever

asvc5_sport_clutch_lever_aprilia_honda_s

All ASV Clutch Levers feature a CNC-machined 6061 billet aluminum construction with a unique design that allows the lever to pivot forward and out of …

ASV C5 Brake lever

asvc5_sport_brake_lever_aprilia_honda_ka

All ASV Brake Levers feature a CNC-machined 6061 billet aluminum construction with a unique design that allows the lever to pivot forward and out of h…

And yes, I know you Aussie guys will say that these are too expensive. 

They look really long like the stock levers. Are they? Im looking at getting much shorter levers for 2 finger pull. 

10 hours ago, Cruizin said:

I might just go with my old trusty Dunlop D606 tires. Yes, I will have t change them every 2-3000 miles. But Im a dirtbiker so im used to that. I like the performance offroad, even though they are kind of sketchy in the corners on pavement.

dunlop_d606_dual_sport_tires.jpg

Dunlop designed the D606 tire to be street-legal but with an emphasis on aggressive off-road riding and great durability.  The aggressive tread patter…

606 up front and a 908RR in the rear. That 908 tire will get you close to double the distance and they make a 150-70 18 now!

Stay safe!

• Like 1

James 2021 Tenere 700 - Black

13 minutes ago, GPSAT said:

606 up front and a 908RR in the rear. That 908 tire will get you close to double the distance and they make a 150-70 18 now!

Stay safe!

Ahh, that's great to know they now do a 150 as a 140 would be stretched over the rim too far and make it too shallow/flat. It needs to be a 150 on the standard rim.

Thanks for sharing.

Rich

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Look closer, you can order them as shorty or regular.  

Sweet. Thanks for the tip. 

• Like 1

On 5/3/2020 at 2:56 PM, Cruizin said:

Cant make my mind up on tires.  Im more of a 40/60% street/dirt rider. 80's 

TKC 80's look decent, but $220 for a rear freaking tire? 

Continental_Twinduro_TKC80_Dual_Sport_Ti

Bring out your inner dirt bike with the TKC80. Tall block-pattern knobs excel off-road while a street-tire profile still maintains tarmac traction.

I hear really good things about the Mitas E-07 tires. The price is right!

mitas_e07_tires_front.jpg

The Mitas E-07 offers the extended wear and durability needed for those long cross country trips as well as backwoods adventures.

I have the same tread pattern on my IRC tires.  The front doesn't "cup" and the rear holds up well.  I'm going to try the E-07+ on my T7.  The "+" or Dakar version of the E-07 is supposed to last longer.  I will spend more money on a tire that lasts longer.  I hear they are a pain to change though. 

• 4 weeks later...

Mitas E-09 Dakar rear and Pirelli MT21 will likely be what I install first though plan to ride the OEMs for awhile. The E-09 has been a solid choice and a step up from the Michelin T63 that was sadly discontinued. Only place the E-09 doesn’t perform great on is in wet rocks and roots in my experience. We’ll see how mileage is and street wear. WRR gets a good 5-6k miles with this setup with 60% street use.

Unless levers are an issue I’ll stick with the OEM for now. To protect them I’ve ordered a set of HDB (Highway Dirt Bike) Ultimate handguards. No other handguards offer the protection and durability of these and since nothing can rotate due to fixed attachment points they are extremely solid. 

The Camel products I keep looking at but haven’t pulled the card out yet for. 

• Moderators

I use the D606 rear and Pirelli MT21 front combination on all my smaller dirtbikes, not sure how it translates over to the heavier weight machines but this combination has been the bees knees for sure. 

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

great list @Cruizin🙂

Just a note on the SW Motech bars, I had a set bend on my CB500X quite easily and a bolt break in the engine block. I saw a T7 here at the dealer last week fully kitted out in their bars, stand, etc.. here at the dealer, the owner is showcasing it for SW-Motech. Their bars themselves are very solid, the mount system is questionable, they use spacers and a steel plate at the connection which is the weak point, and that plate bends due to the leverage (same design the CBX had). Maybe with the uppers fitted on the T7 its more solid, the owner only had the bottom ones. The center stand looked good, and I heard install was easy

Edited by ScorpionT16

46 minutes ago, ScorpionT16 said:

great list @Cruizin🙂

Just a note on the SW Motech bars, I had a set bend on my CB500X quite easily and a bolt break in the engine block. I saw a T7 here at the dealer last week fully kitted out in their bars, stand, etc.. here at the dealer, the owner is showcasing it for SW-Motech. Their bars themselves are very solid, the mount system is questionable, they use spacers and a steel plate at the connection which is the weak point, and that plate bends due to the leverage (same design the CBX had). Maybe with the uppers fitted on the T7 its more solid, the owner only had the bottom ones. The center stand looked good, and I heard install was easy

Yeah I've changed my mind and am not even gonna run any crash bars. I ordered some engine and water pump covers. I also ordered frame bumps. Fairings actually aren't that expensive to replace, and the radiators seem to have 2-3 inches of space on ea side. 

I've never had crash bars on my Dirtbikes or other motorcycles, been riding since the 70's. 

• Like 2

I’ll need the crash bars 🤦‍♂️😂

OM here for bars and rear racks.. Where did you order your engine/water pump covers from? OOS everywhere I’ve looked. 

• 1 month later...

I received this Twisted Throttle sale email for July 3-4-5, 2020.  Just FYI....I would buy but still have no firm date on a T7.  

image.png.55d7a42fd9e661557b46b9849fcaf47d.png

Edited by whisperquiet

28 minutes ago, whisperquiet said:

I received this Twisted Throttle sale email for July 3-4-5, 2020.  Just FYI....I would buy but still have no firm date on a T7.  

I have a huge box of gear and a pile of gear on the floor for the T7.

My order is in !  😆