Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Good Morning from Arizona

Tommy2

Thanks for adding me to the forum. I have a deposit down for a new T700 Unicorn here at my dealer in the USA. Please tell me they do exist other wise he just fleeced me for a pocket of money!!  Have been waiting for so long and don't understand why it is taking so long for this bike to get to the States? In my waiting I've owned a CB500X RR and now own a KTM 690r, I'm hoping the T700 will be the best of these two machines because my wife needs garage space for her new car and that leaves me room for only one bike, what will it be?

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum! Cheers,  Steve 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tommy2 said:

Thanks for adding me to the forum. I have a deposit down for a new T700 Unicorn here at my dealer in the USA. Please tell me they do exist other wise he just fleeced me for a pocket of money!!  Have been waiting for so long and don't understand why it is taking so long for this bike to get to the States? In my waiting I've owned a CB500X RR and now own a KTM 690r, I'm hoping the T700 will be the best of these two machines because my wife needs garage space for her new car and that leaves me room for only one bike, what will it be?

Tommy,  Yamaha has chosen to distribute the T7 to Europe and the rest of the world before even Japan and the US.  When did you put your deposit down?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ADVUSA said:

Tommy,  Yamaha has chosen to distribute the T7 to Europe and the rest of the world before even Japan and the US.  When did you put your deposit down?

Been waiting since the announcement then put my money down and got in line back in February, I'm sure with this Covid-19 situation it will delay the arrival longer.

Just now, Tommy2 said:

Been waiting since the announcement then put my money down and got in line back in February, I'm sure with this Covid-19 situation it will delay the arrival longer.

I've read a ton of "anticipated shipping"  opinions and other publications of shipment to Canada.

My estimate based on your deposit timeframe would be late July at best.

I have a 690 and it's going on the market when the T7 arrives. The CB500x was my original choice.

I'll wait as long as I need to.  If you need to make room, chain them up outside, cover them and post one on the market. You'll likely have it by Fall.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ADVUSA said:

I've read a ton of "anticipated shipping"  opinions and other publications of shipment to Canada.

My estimate based on your deposit timeframe would be late July at best.

I have a 690 and it's going on the market when the T7 arrives. The CB500x was my original choice.

I'll wait as long as I need to.  If you need to make room, chain them up outside, cover them and post one on the market. You'll likely have it by Fall.

Crossing my fingers, any latter and might as well wait 'till Sept/Oct it's over 100f now and won't let up till then, just have to shade up. The CB500x only had 47hp, sad. The 690 is like riding a paint shaker, sadder. This T700 will be the ticket.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tommy2 said:

Hey Tommy, thanks for joining us!  Be sure to put your pin on our member map so others in the area can invite you to ride in the future.  I'm waiting on my pre order too. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Howdy Tom,

People call me "Bob", and I'm up in So Slow, AZ

I had a LC4 KTM that I use to get out on, but that was pretty much local day stuff. 

I'm going to get to Show Low Motorsports and see what they can do a T7 for me. 

In the meantime I have other Enduro bikes to ride.  ...and it's smoking hot up here too , just less than Tucson. 

Look me up if you get this way.  "Robert Baldwin" on Facebook.  Also host "White Mountain Dual Sport RIders" also on FB. 

"Our lives can be spent carrying out actions that we hope will lead us to  a greater sense of purpose, accomplishment and meaning, but all these  are secondary to the need to feel alive."    - AntiHero ADV Rider