Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

DIY Centre Stand Alternative

Southcoastbiker

Bought a Tommy Lift to lift the rear wheel to adjust and clean the chain but thought it was a bit heavy and bulky to carry on a trip so I made an adjustable prop from an old Aluminium paint extendable pole. Cut it down and ground it to fit under the foot peg. So all I do is hold the bike And push it 9D3212C3-1B50-4438-B92B-A9E34AB15E66.thumb.jpeg.534533558a6da2ab6d75ba8e46bd2aeb.jpeg while kicking the base of the aluminium pole, very easy single handed. It slides up under the left side of the bike held with a Velcro strap. 

787A6FA8-D510-4D33-9562-B2227724AA1D.jpeg

402BA384-CC0F-4C7D-86B5-BC7034DA58B3.jpeg

• Like 4

Here's the same concept. I purchased one of these years ago and it works. WAY better than I ever thought. I'll forgo the $ spent on a center stand and weight to just pack this. Have used it for multiple bikes and I'll use it for the 700, if it ever freaking gets here. 

$40 and it's incredibly small, packable, strong and easily lifts the rear or front wheel. Very well made and a life saver for sure. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

For 10EUR (bought the cheapest crutch in a supermarket), this is an absolute best DIY centerstand alternative which can be used:

1. to replace/fix front OR rear tire

2. to lube your chain

And it weighs mere 150g! By cutting a little dip into the top you can use it really well with the Adventure spec bash plate, fits right into one of the holes.

image.thumb.png.0d632cc7219828331292d18981e7cc90.png

image.thumb.png.e023e868dd7194ebad4eabab1236adaa.png

See these two video for more ideas:

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

The previous posts from fellow T7 owners without a centre stand inspired me.  Thank you guys 😉

I have somewhat the habit of a hoarder light and keep everything which could be useful in the future.  So also this extentable pole of a floor sweeper my wife didn't want anymore.

The perfect base for the centre  stand alternative in the field.

20200621_150819.jpg

20200621_151327.jpg

• Like 4

Neat solution!, can you tell me what bash plate you have please...? Cheers,  Steve 

1 hour ago, Great Escape said:

Neat solution!, can you tell me what bash plate you have please...? Cheers,  Steve 

Hi Steve,

It's from ACD

• 1 year later...

I have a OEM center stand still in the box,  I used a couple ratchet straps to change my flat. Hung from a sturdy anchor point!