Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

T7 in Thailand

Heedcase

Greetings from Thailand!

First bikes were delivered yesterday and I was lucky enough to be able to collect mine.

Adventure Spec crash bars and bash plate fitted and blasted around some local farm tracks. First impression - wonderful bike!

1270583899_mTenere7002020-05-0712_51.34-1.thumb.jpg.b8c2067163e37eeda52b49c272d8939b.jpg

2094771195_m2020-05-0712_51_00.thumb.jpg.84788eef236b0180beb817b94d6dbe05.jpg

454133867_m2020-05-0716_59.07-1.thumb.jpg.3a4a3efa14ff8f4f7c8c7517bf0b7dba.jpg

674740845_mTenere7002020-05-0718_31_08.thumb.jpg.03f29441ab2d5252a76b687492115bde.jpg

• Like 4

Nice!!! (สวย) by the way any problem with the seat height, you know majority of Asian are not tall with average 170.3 cm (5 ft 7 in).

Looks good... I see you have opted for the blue one with the most hp from factory 🙂 ... welcome to the forum 😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks! (ขอบคุณ kap!).

Fortunately it's no problem for me (I'm 186cm). The seat height is the same as other markets (875mm) so it may be a consideration for some potential customers......

Hahaha.....thanks Aleksandar 😉

3 hours ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Looks good... I see you have opted for the blue one with the most hp from factory 🙂 ... welcome to the forum 😄 

There is a difference? (Or a joke..)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonas said:

There is a difference? (Or a joke..)

Just a joke between owners 😅😅💯

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jonas said:

I have bought a different color, so...

Be glad, a recent survey shows that the red and black colours were favourite with hard riding, savvy, experienced riders. The blue ones are made only on Mondays and Fridays and are just there to make up the numbers!!

😛

Sitting back waiting for the death threats!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I ordered mine a week ago here in Thailand, won’t be available until early June (white/red) so cant wait!

P.S

admins we need an Asia Regional section please 🙏🏻

Edited by Gazk7
  • Like 1

On 5/8/2020 at 3:04 PM, Heedcase said:

Thanks! (ขอบคุณ kap!).

Fortunately it's no problem for me (I'm 186cm). The seat height is the same as other markets (875mm) so it may be a consideration for some potential customers......

I’m on tip toes with it as it stands but the dealer had the preload wound right up so it’s slide a cheek but my lowered seat is on its way from the uk (rugged roads) along with a Yamaha center stand for chain/tyre maintenance while out on the road.

i will set up sag myself when it arrives but just awaiting rally raid products getting some more 90kg springs available and I’ll be changing the rear shock spring as soon as my bike arrives 

Congratulations Khun Gazk7!

I see you're up north, a great part of Thailand for riding I hear.

When I (eventually) have some time off work that's one part of the country I'm very keen to explore.

I have the same spring at home awaiting installation - in the meantime my preload is set to 20/24 clicks to get the sag to approx. 60mm - that's ready to ride but no luggage.

Good luck and stay patient...... 😉

• Like 2

On 5/14/2020 at 10:18 AM, Heedcase said:

Congratulations Khun Gazk7!

I see you're up north, a great part of Thailand for riding I hear.

When I (eventually) have some time off work that's one part of the country I'm very keen to explore.

I have the same spring at home awaiting installation - in the meantime my preload is set to 20/24 clicks to get the sag to approx. 60mm - that's ready to ride but no luggage.

Good luck and stay patient...... 😉

Thanks Khun Heedcase, I’ll check out those preload settings once the bike arrives 👍🏻 Did you check/change any of the rebound or compression damping settings ?

The roads up here are why I’ve settled where we are, it’s home for madam but I love the area and some great great roads all around us 🥳