Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Yamaha Ténéré 700 10k: Guglatech air filter - review, wash & installation

FAR&FURTHER

• Premium Member
Hello everyone,

new video in the 10k series talks about the Guglatech Air filter I'm now using for about 8000km. As it is 10k series, maintenance was in order and also test if those €60 was worth it and if it really is so revolutionary as Guglatech claims.

Well, it surprised me...
  • Like 2

RTW Ténéré 700, UK to India & back on Honda CB500X

farandfurther.org | YouTube | Instagram

55 minutes ago, FAR&FURTHER said:
Hello everyone,

new video in the 10k series talks about the Guglatech Air filter I'm now using for about 8000km. As it is 10k series, maintenance was in order and also test if those €60 was worth it and if it really is so revolutionary as Guglatech claims.

Well, it surprised me...

What makes this filter better than an oiled foam filter? Im curious. 

I usually highly recommend using oiled foam filters in sand/dusty areas with a bead of axel grease under the filter lip to keep dust/dirt out and to avoid the paper element being clogged at all. This is why dirtbikes all use Oiled foam filters. 

• Premium Member

@Cruizin Well, read the articles for more tech specs and background. But basically if I understand correctly they came up with some kind of mesh matrix which is very dense and won't allow small particles through even if not oiled.

When you oil this thing, it just won't let anything through as mine didn't. I really didn't believe it will work this well. I had before washable oiled filter in Honda and it work well but not this well.

When washing the filter I did pour out dust out of the filter for minutes.

I think there was another question where are they from, its Italian company making it.

• Like 3

RTW Ténéré 700, UK to India & back on Honda CB500X

farandfurther.org | YouTube | Instagram

• 1 year later...